New Rezound faster than old one...

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hi all.
I've had my Rezound since December.
Still love it.

I just bought my wife one today.
$79.99 special online with Verizon, which is just a SICK price!
BTW, the Verizon kiosk in the mall said they would price match.
Run, don't walk!
:)

In the process of setting it up I noticed that it runs and boots and restarts WAY faster then mine does.

I do have a LOT of apps on mine and I'm quite a power user.

Question.
Can the android OS get clogged up with stuff that will slow it down like all of the Windows computers I've had over the years... Win7 included.

Yes, I do have fast boot enabled.

Thanks
B

mike7728

Reaction score
Yeah,go into your storage and clear cache on both storages,also disable that fastboot.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Tried it.
Still takes a LONG time to reboot.
What's wrong with Fastboot?

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Mine takes 3 minutes 6 seconds to reboot to where the ring appears.
The wife's takes about a minute and a half, though I think it was faster earlier.

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Ah yes.
That's what I was talking about earlier.
My timing test of Wife's Rezound earlier was while it was on the charger.
Take it off the charger and start it and it takes literally NINE seconds to boot to the ring.

What's up with THAT?

B

HowardZ

Reaction score
I think fastboot doesn't really shut off the phone, it is like Windows xp going into sleep or hibernation mode. Thus unless one pulls the battery, and reinstalls it, one never really reboots. also fastboot can be turned off in the settingd.

it is really strange that htc takes so mu h longer to boot compared to my older Motorola dx.

Also, just like with Windows xp, one can install software which runs services in the background slowing down booting and possibly slowing down things a little in general.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
On my phone there is a huge time difference between start up from off and reboot. Start up is much faster. I never though about it but which does fast boot affect, reboot or start up? And what will turning off fast boot help or do. I've always had it on.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
In the process of setting it up I noticed that it runs and boots and restarts WAY faster then mine does.
Yeah, it sounds like she has Fastboot enabled.

Fastboot does not really give you any advantages IMO. It gives the illusion of booting faster, but it is not a cold reset anyway, so you are not "really" rebooting. There are apps that do warm reboots faster and better already (This one is awesome).