1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New/replacement phone

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Hades16x, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Hades16x

Hades16x New Member

Hey guys, Im sorry if this is in the wrong area so feel free to move it.

Im getting a replacement phone for my Droid because the keyboard is actually peeling up off the lower half. I have two questions for you guys/gals that I feel I know the answer to both.

When I get my new phone I do plan on re-rooting it. Once it's rooted can I nandroid restore my current settings? or is that a nono?

Second - as a safety issue - should I unroot my current phone? or will it be lost in the loops and not even matter?

Thank you,
    Michael
  2. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th New Member

Unroot because rooting voids your warranty, remove ALL PROGRAMS associated with rooting like cache cleaners and set cpu, I recommend putting it back to a NIB (new in box) state.

Second you can use your nandroid back ups on your new phone, just make sure they don't give you a droid 2 or you'll have trouble, just save all your files to your computer so when you get the new phone you can just slap everything on the sdcard :)
  3. Hades16x

Hades16x New Member

Yeah I really dont think I will get a droid 2. They usually only replace with a new model if you have multiple complaints on the same issue and you have to agree for a new phone. It may be a little suspicious that I would 100% request a droid 1 back - but who cares.

I do really like the droid 2, and can even have it rooted - but without pete, life wouldn't be complete.
  4. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

Let us know what state youre in and what phone you receive. Inventory varies by region, and it has nothing to do with complaints. If on a given day they dont have your replacement phone in stock theyll send you another.
  5. chomorro

chomorro New Member

I just got a warranty replacement on tuesday in San Diego CA and did not get a droid 2. VZW shipped a refurbished droid 1 to me.

My screen stopped working so it was a pain to get mine back to stock, im not even sure if it succeeded but oh well i sent it back after flashing it stock 2.2 in rsd lite.

I rooted my new droid 1 on frg22d with no roms or kernels using this method http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html My phone has never ran better :). I will still be trying out new roms just because its fun but it was really easy. And my nandroid of bbv.4 is still there if i need it.