New/replacement phone

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Hades16x, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Hades16x

Hades16x New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, Im sorry if this is in the wrong area so feel free to move it.

Im getting a replacement phone for my Droid because the keyboard is actually peeling up off the lower half. I have two questions for you guys/gals that I feel I know the answer to both.

When I get my new phone I do plan on re-rooting it. Once it's rooted can I nandroid restore my current settings? or is that a nono?

Second - as a safety issue - should I unroot my current phone? or will it be lost in the loops and not even matter?

Thank you,
    Michael

2. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unroot because rooting voids your warranty, remove ALL PROGRAMS associated with rooting like cache cleaners and set cpu, I recommend putting it back to a NIB (new in box) state.

Second you can use your nandroid back ups on your new phone, just make sure they don't give you a droid 2 or you'll have trouble, just save all your files to your computer so when you get the new phone you can just slap everything on the sdcard :)

3. Hades16x

Hades16x New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I really dont think I will get a droid 2. They usually only replace with a new model if you have multiple complaints on the same issue and you have to agree for a new phone. It may be a little suspicious that I would 100% request a droid 1 back - but who cares.

I do really like the droid 2, and can even have it rooted - but without pete, life wouldn't be complete.

4. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Let us know what state youre in and what phone you receive. Inventory varies by region, and it has nothing to do with complaints. If on a given day they dont have your replacement phone in stock theyll send you another.

5. chomorro

chomorro Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just got a warranty replacement on tuesday in San Diego CA and did not get a droid 2. VZW shipped a refurbished droid 1 to me.

My screen stopped working so it was a pain to get mine back to stock, im not even sure if it succeeded but oh well i sent it back after flashing it stock 2.2 in rsd lite.

I rooted my new droid 1 on frg22d with no roms or kernels using this method http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html My phone has never ran better :). I will still be trying out new roms just because its fun but it was really easy. And my nandroid of bbv.4 is still there if i need it.