[New!][RELEASE] D1-MIUI-0.12.31.0

Z

ZeroBarrier

Yes, you're right, it is largely an assumption. But I'll tell you what, I've seen enough info and test results from different sources, people, phones, ROMs and even carriers to make me feel safe in my assumption.

So all you guys that think it working for you, have at it. But let's at least not give Jamezelle a hard time about it.

And before you say anything; yes, it will eventually boil down to people complaining that the throttle mod isn't working and needs a "fix". I've seen it enough times to know that much. It's gotten to the point where I can almost tell when and who; I'm still working on that though. My insight hasn't proven to be right 100% of the time yet, and you know what they say, practice makes perfect.

Edit: About your market downloads observations/placebo. You don't think that maybe, just maybe it just happened to download from the market at a good time and just got lucky? My market downloads have been to either extremity, without this throttling hack. I've seen them flash by from 10% to 80% in a mere 3 seconds, and I've also seen them stuck at 20% for 25 seconds before hitting (OMG) 28%.

All I'm saying is everyone seems to get all excited when they apply this hack and lucky get a good speed test and automatically attribute it to the hack. They never think about the fact that that's the nature of the internet though, some days are good, some days are bad and maybe it just happened to be a good day today.

Last edited by a moderator:

soccer568

Reaction score
I just flashed this rom and love how fast and smooth it is. Is there any way to downgrade my market back to the old one? In my opinion the new market is slower.

Last edited:

taward09

Reaction score
This may have been addressed already, but I'm pretty tired and can't read through all of the posts right now. I was wondering about being able to turn off the clock in the notifications bar, whether it's built in or a hack that needs to be flashed. Is there something like this compatible with this build?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just flashed this rom and love how fast and smooth it is.I was wondering why do i have the new market if you said that this build doesn't have it?

The OP says that it does have the new market:)
"This build DOES contain the new android market!"

This may have been addressed already, but I'm pretty tired and can't read through all of the posts right now. I was wondering about being able to turn off the clock in the notifications bar, whether it's built in or a hack that needs to be flashed. Is there something like this compatible with this build?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

The only way to do so is a mod. ZeroBarrier has a mod for this but I don't know if he's sharing it or whatever the case may be. He's the only one that I personally know of having a mod but I'm sure there are others.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been running 12.31 since this morning, running really well. Only thing I've noticed is less internal memory available than I had in 12.24, about 20MB less, and less RAM available. I'm down to about 44MB of RAM, may have to lose some apps!! Thing is I really don't have a ton of apps, so it's strange to me as to why it's so low.

And Jamezelle thanks for the gallery fix, works great!!

noticed the same...3 apps automatically went to my sd card and I can't move them back it says i don't have enough space... all the same exact apps I had on 12.24... about phone shows about 16mb left

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine says 69.81 with is a less than what I had before and I don't even have all of my apps installed. Only a few I don't but one is 10mb. Surprising considering I have a LOT of apps.

leonozug

Reaction score
Mine says 69.81 with is a less than what I had before and I don't even have all of my apps installed. Only a few I don't but one is 10mb. Surprising considering I have a LOT of apps.

Dj I WISH I had that much RAM left. I'm down to 19%...is there a way to help this out? I read earler Jamezelle told someone to reflash and manually partition data and cache. When I flash I always data reset, then wipe cache partiton and then format boot and format system. Will it make a difference if I flash again formating cache instead of just selecting "wipe cache partition"? I must be doing something wrong. lol

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with free memory. I also can't move any more apps to the SD card because I have hit the 123 app limit.

loudaccord

Reaction score
I hate to play devil's advocate but that speed mod didn't seem to slow anything down, I did the speedtest.net with wifi and 3G before, then both after:

CAP201101021221.jpg

could just be a fluke but I'm on Verizon and really can't tell one way or the other.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, you're right, it is largely an assumption. But I'll tell you what, I've seen enough info and test results from different sources, people, phones, ROMs and even carriers to make me feel safe in my assumption.

So all you guys that think it working for you, have at it. But let's at least not give Jamezelle a hard time about it.

And before you say anything; yes, it will eventually boil down to people complaining that the throttle mod isn't working and needs a "fix". I've seen it enough times to know that much. It's gotten to the point where I can almost tell when and who; I'm still working on that though. My insight hasn't proven to be right 100% of the time yet, and you know what they say, practice makes perfect.

Edit: About your market downloads observations/placebo. You don't think that maybe, just maybe it just happened to download from the market at a good time and just got lucky? My market downloads have been to either extremity, without this throttling hack. I've seen them flash by from 10% to 80% in a mere 3 seconds, and I've also seen them stuck at 20% for 25 seconds before hitting (OMG) 28%.

All I'm saying is everyone seems to get all excited when they apply this hack and lucky get a good speed test and automatically attribute it to the hack. They never think about the fact that that's the nature of the internet though, some days are good, some days are bad and maybe it just happened to be a good day today.

I dont think its placebo as I have gone back and forth between the mod and w/o the mod at least 8 different times and monitored download differences between with and without the throttleservice$ smali files. There is no need for a "fix" for it. The only thing it does is cause a fc in settings. I am going to attempt to fix the mod so that the throttle is still deleted with the exception of the settings monitor throttle...and see if that eliminates the fc.

stlcity

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before: will themes from 12.24 work on 12.31? Thanks...

xpezdj

Reaction score
Would never install chinese rom on my phone. Never know what's inside unless you know what you're doing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk