[New!][RELEASE] D1-MIUI-0.12.31.0

crackedvenom

Reaction score
i had a few freezes and reboots at 1.1ghz, went to just 1ghz and its been as smooth as ever. i think this is the most stable build so far. i cant wait to try the new version

Trapper31

Reaction score
For anyone having random reboots, you could try wiping and reflashing, or a different kernel. I'm sure you've probably been through that already though. It's too bad that some roms just don't run on some phones, it makes trouble shooting much harder.

For anyone who thinks the rom is too choppy, before switching from MIUI please try and go into settings and turn off the high-res option. Once I toggled that this rom has run smoother than any I've tried. And I didn't notice a decrease in visual quality at all. And I'm running on the stock 800MHz kernel.

I am extremely impressed with MIUI so far!

crackedvenom

Reaction score
For anyone who thinks the rom is too choppy, before switching from MIUI please try and go into settings and turn off the high-res option. Once I toggled that this rom has run smoother than any I've tried. And I didn't notice a decrease in visual quality at all. And I'm running on the stock 800MHz kernel.

Where is this high res option? Mines running pretty good but I'd like to try that to see what it does

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Trapper31

Reaction score

Where is this high res option? Mines running pretty good but I'd like to try that to see what it does

It is on the Programs tab of the settings menu, under Launcher Settings.

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
For anyone having random reboots, you could try wiping and reflashing, or a different kernel. I'm sure you've probably been through that already though. It's too bad that some roms just don't run on some phones, it makes trouble shooting much harder. I am extremely impressed with MIUI so far!

This is true. Mine runs terribly with the stock kernel, but runs great with Chevy's LV1.0 kernel. I have used it with every release of Miui and it makes a huge difference for me.

gotbst05

Reaction score
i must say that this ROM is really smooth. i've tried just about every ROM under the sun and i'm loving this one. still getting us to it, setting it up and figuring things out, but very, very happy.

i haven't found it yet, but is there a way to put direct dial icons on a screen?

Last edited:

publicanimal

Reaction score
Sturge[Droid];1172122 said:
a bad kernel can destroy a ROM, but a great Kernel will make it fly...I've had good luck with slayer and P3Droid kernels

Agreed, my suspicions are that the people with a lot of problems with this ROM haven't found the right kernel to complement it. Personally I've had great luck with the latest 1.0 and 1.1 GHz ULV Chevy kernels, manually overclocked (no SetCPU).

hoppermi

Reaction score
i must say that this ROM is really smooth. i've tried just about every ROM under the sun and i'm loving this one. still getting us to it, setting it up and figuring things out, but very, very happy.

i haven't found it yet, but is there a way to put direct dial icons on a screen?

You have to be in edit mode. long press on screen then menu /add/shortcut/direct dial.

Check out the user guide.

Trapper31

Reaction score
One thing that doesn't seem to be working for me is the MMS notification vibrate option. I've tried toggling it back and forth but I can't get it to vibrate...

As I was writing this I had a thought, maybe it's related to the haptic feedback option that I have turned off. I'll try turning that on and see what happens.

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Sturge[Droid];1172122 said:
a bad kernel can destroy a ROM, but a great Kernel will make it fly...I've had good luck with slayer and P3Droid kernels

Agreed, my suspicions are that the people with a lot of problems with this ROM haven't found the right kernel to complement it. Personally I've had great luck with the latest 1.0 and 1.1 GHz ULV Chevy kernels, manually overclocked (no SetCPU).

Strongly agree! You gotta play a lil to see which kernel adjusts better to your droid. Ive tried chevys, p3, and slayher 1.6. Sly 1.6 was the best on all versions until 12.31. sly 1.6 didnt adjust well on MIUI version 12.31, p3 1.25ghz Compcache enabled worked best w/ MIUI version 12.31.

My point is I support Chevy, sly, and p3 all of them worked very well for me every time version changes try them all..

Last edited:

texstar420

Reaction score
How do you enable comcache with 12.31. I am using slayer ulv 1.1. And should I because I heard it can mess stuff up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Ive heard rumors about compcache truth is what it does! Be your own judge. google and find out what compcache does theres a website with details not sure what website maybe someone in this thread can help??? dont want to confuse you, fact is my droid works well with compcache enabled or disabled but I rather have it on =/ jeje

U could go into "compcache enable kernels" u can get any kernel p3 or sly 1. 6 make shre u download a ramzswap zip.. my droid likes p3 oc'd 1. 25ghz compcache enanled vs slayher i could not get compcache to work at 1. 2ghz i had to go dwn to 1. Ghz to enable ccache.
Term emulator Command to enable compcache
#Su
#rzscontrol /dev/block/ramzswap0 --init
#swapon /dev/block/ramzswap0
#free (free will show you if compcache enables)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:

gotbst05

Reaction score

You have to be in edit mode. long press on screen then menu /add/shortcut/direct dial.

Check out the user guide.

oops... guess i should have read before posting... thanks for your help though

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have 3 apps that moved themselves to my sdcard because lack of space I guess so I uninstalled a ton of apps and have over 105mbs of free internal space... I'm trying to move them to the phone so I can make a miui backup... the current app backup isn't restoring those 3apps....when I try to move them back it says failed to move app, not enough space