[New!][RELEASE] D1-MIUI-0.12.31.0

loveubuntu

Reaction score
For all of you that have a YAHOO! account you can get it to work with this Release by doing what i did and do a manual set-up...

Enter your email and password but before you hit ok

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

And Jamezelle i think i know why YAHOO mail isnt working is when you go into the set-up it was set to Yahoo.con (not .com).

Good luck and What a Smooth Release thanks Jamezelle!

This method used to create multiple copies in the sent folder. I'm talking about hundreds of an email sent. Quite annoying. The first OTA update for D1 fixed the bug and there was no need for imap settings. I actually started to use the yahoo mail app and quite like it. You can see all your folders quite nicely. I'm sure the problem will be solved in future builds now that is listed as an official bug. Thanks Jamezelle.

loveubuntu

Reaction score
One issue I was having with 24.1 was that the text icon in the lock screen would bring up the stock messaging application. I use Google voice for free texting and all other apps give you the choice to which one to open for texting. Not the lock screen icon. Can anyone confirm if this has changed in build 12.31? If not, I guess it is a minor issue also (to add a choice on first use to what app to use for texting). I'm getting used to 12.24 so I don't know if I want to flash 12.31 yet...

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
One issue I was having with 24.1 was that the text icon in the lock screen would bring up the stock messaging application. I use Google voice for free texting and all other apps give you the choice to which one to open for texting. Not the lock screen icon. Can anyone confirm if this has changed in build 12.31? If not, I guess it is a minor issue also (to add a choice on first use to what app to use for texting). I'm getting used to 12.24 so I don't know if I want to flash 12.31 yet...

IIRC it has a call directly to the stock messaging app and not the default used one that the user sets, i have never thought about it before but i will submit to the devs that they have it call the default used app.

EDIT: disregard everything i just said. i downloaded handcent and then when i used the lockscreen pull down messenger button it asked me which app to go to for default. i chose handcent and now everytime i use the messenger button on the lockscreen it goes to handcent so it should work for google voice.

Last edited:

epiliofunk

Reaction score
i'm getting f/c's when trying to set an image as my lockscreen whether it's from both MIUI gallery and gallery.

loveubuntu

Reaction score
Well a lot of your apps sync up. Then you just restore the missing ones which usually that many. Especially considering the limited amount of space the Droid has. So, even if it doesn't restore all of your apps, you can still restore however many are left. Otherwise, if I restore only with TB, it usually cuts off at a percentage, then I run the missing apps restore.

The thing is my droid never syncs apps from the market for some reason, like seriously never out of the 10 times I've wiped.

I really hate when the market automatically syncs apps so I manually turn it off by skipping the sign into google account at the start up. You may have it turned off. Look under settings/personal/backup data and settings. I usually have both off so I can choose what to re-install, via TiBu, Market, or now Miui backup.

loveubuntu

Reaction score

IIRC it has a call directly to the stock messaging app and not the default used one that the user sets, i have never thought about it before but i will submit to the devs that they have it call the default used app.

EDIT: disregard everything i just said. i downloaded handcent and then when i used the lockscreen pull down messenger button it asked me which app to go to for default. i chose handcent and now everytime i use the messenger button on the lockscreen it goes to handcent so it should work for google voice.

cool. read the whole thread, all 17 pages, nandroid up and ready to flash...here we goooooo

loveubuntu

Reaction score

cool. read the whole thread, all 17 pages, nandroid up and ready to flash...here we goooooo

it did not work with google voice. I wiped cache and data then installed the rom, then restored from miui backup app. Too tired now but will try a complete install without backup tomorrow to see if it would work.

loveubuntu

Reaction score
Back to 12.24. Handcent worked in the lock screen. It asks me to choose between stock or handcent. But it doesn't with Google voice.

Also 12.31 ran really hot and shutdown.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. Because before it had a blue stripe across the too and now it's just white

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

porky101

Reaction score
download link for D1-MIUI-0.12.31.0 is down?! can anyone provide me with a diff link?