[New!][RELEASE] D1-MIUI-0.12.31.0

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by jamezelle, Jan 2, 2011.

1. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, you're right, it is largely an assumption. But I'll tell you what, I've seen enough info and test results from different sources, people, phones, ROMs and even carriers to make me feel safe in my assumption.

So all you guys that think it working for you, have at it. But let's at least not give Jamezelle a hard time about it.

And before you say anything; yes, it will eventually boil down to people complaining that the throttle mod isn't working and needs a "fix". I've seen it enough times to know that much. It's gotten to the point where I can almost tell when and who; I'm still working on that though. My insight hasn't proven to be right 100% of the time yet, and you know what they say, practice makes perfect.

Edit: About your market downloads observations/placebo. You don't think that maybe, just maybe it just happened to download from the market at a good time and just got lucky? My market downloads have been to either extremity, without this throttling hack. I've seen them flash by from 10% to 80% in a mere 3 seconds, and I've also seen them stuck at 20% for 25 seconds before hitting (OMG) 28%.

All I'm saying is everyone seems to get all excited when they apply this hack and lucky get a good speed test and automatically attribute it to the hack. They never think about the fact that that's the nature of the internet though, some days are good, some days are bad and maybe it just happened to be a good day today.

#121 ZeroBarrier, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
  2. soccer568

soccer568 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just flashed this rom and love how fast and smooth it is. Is there any way to downgrade my market back to the old one? In my opinion the new market is slower.

#122 soccer568, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  3. taward09

taward09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This may have been addressed already, but I'm pretty tired and can't read through all of the posts right now. I was wondering about being able to turn off the clock in the notifications bar, whether it's built in or a hack that needs to be flashed. Is there something like this compatible with this build?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The OP says that it does have the new market:)
    "This build DOES contain the new android market!"

The only way to do so is a mod. ZeroBarrier has a mod for this but I don't know if he's sharing it or whatever the case may be. He's the only one that I personally know of having a mod but I'm sure there are others.

5. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    noticed the same...3 apps automatically went to my sd card and I can't move them back it says i don't have enough space... all the same exact apps I had on 12.24... about phone shows about 16mb left

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine says 69.81 with is a less than what I had before and I don't even have all of my apps installed. Only a few I don't but one is 10mb. Surprising considering I have a LOT of apps.

7. d412k5t412

d412k5t412 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having this issue also. Any word on a fix?

8. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dj I WISH I had that much RAM left. I'm down to 19%...is there a way to help this out? I read earler Jamezelle told someone to reflash and manually partition data and cache. When I flash I always data reset, then wipe cache partiton and then format boot and format system. Will it make a difference if I flash again formating cache instead of just selecting "wipe cache partition"? I must be doing something wrong. lol

9. Loooney2ns

Loooney2ns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same issue with free memory. I also can't move any more apps to the SD card because I have hit the 123 app limit.

10. loudaccord

loudaccord Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate to play devil's advocate but that speed mod didn't seem to slow anything down, I did the speedtest.net with wifi and 3G before, then both after:

[​IMG]

could just be a fluke but I'm on Verizon and really can't tell one way or the other.

11. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10

I dont think its placebo as I have gone back and forth between the mod and w/o the mod at least 8 different times and monitored download differences between with and without the throttleservice$ smali files. There is no need for a "fix" for it. The only thing it does is cause a fc in settings. I am going to attempt to fix the mod so that the throttle is still deleted with the exception of the settings monitor throttle...and see if that eliminates the fc.

12. stlcity

stlcity Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this has been asked before: will themes from 12.24 work on 12.31? Thanks...

Search tags for this page

lfyall new phone