[New!][RELEASE] D1-MIUI-0.12.31.0

arpitbull

Reaction score
This rom is very nice to look at and the features are the best, but it's force close galore on my droid 1. I can't access my location settings. There has been random force closes with facebook. Is anybody else having the same problems?
NO
Did you wipe data/cache/factory reset? Did you restore system data from another ROM? Clean install is required if you are coming from another ROM. You can restore USER apps via TiBu, or let them restore from market.

I cant access location settings either, really a pain cause I go out of my area a lot. I get a few force closes and reboots a day. I know how to install roms and did do a clean install. I let my apps auto restore and thats it.

tejens

Reaction score
This rom is very nice to look at and the features are the best, but it's force close galore on my droid 1. I can't access my location settings. There has been random force closes with facebook. Is anybody else having the same problems?
NO
Did you wipe data/cache/factory reset? Did you restore system data from another ROM? Clean install is required if you are coming from another ROM. You can restore USER apps via TiBu, or let them restore from market.

I cant access location settings either, really a pain cause I go out of my area a lot. I get a few force closes and reboots a day. I know how to install roms and did do a clean install. I let my apps auto restore and thats it.

Sounds like you're having the same problems as me, except mine most of the time just freezes and doesn't reboot. I have to remove and replace the battery and then turn it on. Sometimes I have to do this 2 or 3 times before it functions normally.

hoppermi

Reaction score
Which settings are you trying to access. My location, or network settings. Network settings FC unless you apply the "revert" zip in the OP. Something to do with data throttle hack...
I haven't had a FC on anything other than a bad theme that wouldn't install. No reboots either. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
A little off topic but I haven't used wireless tether since it was removed from the builds and I had no problems with it but I'm trying to use it right now and this computer isn't picking it up for me and I don't understand what I'm missing

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tejens

Reaction score
Which settings are you trying to access. My location, or network settings. Network settings FC unless you apply the "revert" zip in the OP. Something to do with data throttle hack...
I haven't had a FC on anything other than a bad theme that wouldn't install. No reboots either. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It was the My Location setting. I needed to make my location visible for Maps and my weather widget, and every time I was directed to the settings menu, I'd get a FC, and if Maps was running, it would just freeze and then I'd have to remove my battery and so on... But now I think the culprit might have been the Slayer kernel that I had installed. I've re wiped and re-installed the rom w/o any other kernels. It seems to be running smoother and I can now access the My Location setting :icon_ banana:

I was running the Slayer 1.2 kernel with my UD 2.5 rom, and I also ran it with MIUI 11.24 w/o any problems, maybe it's become unfriendly with 11.31

tejens

Reaction score
A little off topic but I haven't used wireless tether since it was removed from the builds and I had no problems with it but I'm trying to use it right now and this computer isn't picking it up for me and I don't understand what I'm missing

Which app are you using? I use Wireless Tether and it works as it should.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm using. Wireless tether for root users and in the past I haven't had problems but right now it's being a pain

wierdo124

Reaction score
I tried it. The sms app couldn't find my texts,(restored with titanium) but go sms does fine. Except they both force close constantly. Wiped and reflashed twice. Minor other bugs, I'm back to UD. I'd donate if it was usable on my phone.

Sent from my etch a sketch

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll try. Don't understand why it's giving me trouble now but who knows.