New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Im not rooted either so question 1. If i download Gingerbread and already installed ics can i use the ota zip to go back to 2.3.6 can i do it that way and 2. Do anyone know a app to back up apps with out being rooted

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I am not rooted and I have used My Backup Pro for a while and it has done pretty good backing up and then restoring to new phone sms, call logs, bookmarks, some data, etc. I also use sms backup which works great and I recently downloaded Backup Master to see how that works when restoring.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

DethDroid

Reaction score
I just got my Maxx today...it is quite a bit different than my droid2 so with that said yes I want ICS but I can wait a little bit longer since I am trying to get used to this newer version of the os :) dancedroid

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was skeptical from the get-go that we were getting ICS this early. We will all be clamoring for JB before we get ICS.

huskur

Reaction score
I think this is just a precursor to ICS. Sometimes issues need to be addressed before a major OS change. Android 4.0 is just around the corner guys (and gals). Have just a little patience.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think this is just a precursor to ICS. Sometimes issues need to be addressed before a major OS change. Android 4.0 is just around the corner guys (and gals). Have just a little patience.

The question is how big is the corner? :biggrin: Seriously I am thinking 3Q 2012 at the earliest.

huskur

Reaction score
The question is how big is the corner? :biggrin: Seriously I am thinking 3Q 2012 at the earliest.

Realistically thinking I would have to say it would be near the next release of the next "flagship" phone. The Droid Fighter or phone of that magnitude will like come out with it and then the Razr/Maxx will get the update after release. This will get the proverbial juices flowing of "I gotta have it" for that phone and everyone with Razrs will be upset but will soon get the update and will satisfy them. In the mean time the "latest and greatest" phone has had alot of bandwagon jumpers buy it already. If the razrs had ICS before it would stunt the sales.

This is only speculation......Hopefully I am totally wrong

JHOOPS2

Reaction score
I'm telling you guys... December 22, 2012 will the the Razr ICS release date.

devdeuce

Reaction score
This is probably a really stupid question even though my mom once told me there was no such thing. I have proven her wrong countless times. Do they normally run soak tests for these type of updates? I guess I don't pay much attention unless it's something big like ics. There was an update last month sometime, was there a soak test for that?

OP
mthorn79

mthorn79

Reaction score
This is probably a really stupid question even though my mom once told me there was no such thing. I have proven her wrong countless times. Do they normally run soak tests for these type of updates? I guess I don't pay much attention unless it's something big like ics. There was an update last month sometime, was there a soak test for that?

Yes, dumb question, ha jk, yeah they run these all the time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

devdeuce

Reaction score
Yes, dumb question, ha jk, yeah they run these all the time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thank you for the timely and brutally honest ;) response.

Sandlotje

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why so many people are so upset. GB is great and the phone is completely functional. Its not like there are a while bunch of issues. I got the black berry storm on the first day and back then we were all clamoring for updates because the darn thing hardly worked... With some versions of the OS it would take like 20 seconds just to open up the camera app.

I can understand being teased a little bit and I was looking forward to this update as well, but at three same tone I don't really have any complaints about how the phone is performing at the moment -- well certainly not battery life lol.

Am I the only one thinking something like this? (Probably... Lol....)

devdeuce

Reaction score
Don't know why I get like this, reading every post and checking for updates every 5 minutes. Got this way waiting for what would be the final major update of my og Droid. It's like waiting for the ice crack truck to drive by.