New Razr Maxx HD Feels slow.. Broken?

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by Crazed_Z06, Dec 12, 2012.

1. xmguy

xmguy Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    My Maxx HD has over 300+ apps and 5 home screens and 3 widgets. Nothing fancy. But mine is fairly snappy. I'd recommend to use the app switcher to close apps by swiping them to the left or right. It will shut them down. If you are using a music player like Pandora it won't shut that down even if you swipe it closed. Just so you know. That should help. Make sure you keep the open apps at the same time to a minimum.

2. harp666

harp666 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In my case it was..didn't have a lot on the phone other than a few apps I downloaded. Figured I would reset before customizing to much where it would become a hassle getting things back to where I had them.

3. pctdavis

pctdavis Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Okay, anyone else reading this thread and think your phone has slowed since the JB update, do your self a favor and do a factory reset. Its worth it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

4. pksopp

pksopp Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I finally updated to JB yesterday and am happy to report that my phone didn't slow down at all. I did change my launcher from GoLauncher to ADW (still not settled on that either, starting a thread on that), because of some slight chunk with the notifications pulldown, but basically the phone is not slower, nor faster than it was before. However, GoogleNow saves me a click when searching by voice, low-light pictures are definitely improved and i like having more detail in the notifications, too (reply in 4.2 will be even better).

I don't use FoxFi, so no issues there. For some reason my backed-up settings did not reload to JB, that was annoying. Lastly, I've had to "clear data" a few times to get Amazon App Store to load. But overall not many gripes, I think I'll keep it :)

5. RazorbackFan

RazorbackFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone having higher battery drain after JB update? All runs fine but used to be able to go 2 days on a charge and now not possible after update. If so, any thoughts?

6. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +554
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 7
    Are you using Google now a lot? ... might want to consider a factory reset or at least a cache wipe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

7. RazorbackFan

RazorbackFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hardly using it that I know of. Haha. I will try the reset and cache wipe. Ty

8. solar

solar Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, I definitely notice a pretty sizable difference in battery drain since the JB update. I used to be able to go much longer with similar use. I do notice the kswapd0 process (memory swapping process) taking up a lot more CPU time then it used to. I'm not sure whats causing it.

I've also noticed a slowness since the JB update. Also, framerate problems when playing games like arcane legends or other "graphically busy" games.

Unrelated to the JB update, i've noticed I don't get nearly as good reception on this phone in the LA area as I did with my HTC rezound.

Search tags for this page
droid razr hd freezing
droid razr hd slow
droid razr maxx hd lag

droid razr maxx hd running slow

droid razr maxx hd slow

razr hd running slow

razr hd slow

razr maxx hd running slow

razr maxx hd slow

razr maxx slow