New Razr dropping Data Connection

bssappe

Reaction score
I know there are alot of threads about this but i cant find a answer to my question.
i just got my Razr a few days ago & it immediately started dropping the data connection.
i had no idea this was happening because my thunderbolt never once had this problem...
My question is: will taking the phone back for a new replacement do any good?
i dont want to get another new phone & the same thing happen.
i'll either trade it in for a different phone or keep my thunderbolt...

thanks for the help,

smckanna

Reaction score
Yesterday I lost data several times. This has happened about 3 or 4 times since I got my Razr in November. Seems as though service goes down for areas of the country quite regularly!

Trash Can

Reaction score
I know there are alot of threads about this but i cant find a answer to my question.
i just got my Razr a few days ago & it immediately started dropping the data connection.
i had no idea this was happening because my thunderbolt never once had this problem...
My question is: will taking the phone back for a new replacement do any good?
i dont want to get another new phone & the same thing happen.
i'll either trade it in for a different phone or keep my thunderbolt...

thanks for the help,

Check to make sure your software is current. An update was pushed several weeks ago that resolved the data drops for many users.

OP
bssappe

bssappe

Reaction score
thanks for the replies!
i've switched from 3g only and back again, turned airplane mode off & on....gotten the latest update.
even been in the store twice and they "Reset or dod some "Stuff" to it and it still does it.
sometimes it will go out in the morning & stay out for several hours. the phone even locked up on me yesterday or something.
the screen went black & i couldnt get it to come back on for awhile. pushing the side, awake, button did nothing. even when i held it down for a long time. the battery was charged but the screen just came on by itself after a few minutes & it wasnt a update.
sorry for the long message but i want to do something before my 14 days are up.
i really like the phone but i paid too much money to deal with this and if changing out for another Razr is a waste of time, i will use my thunderbolt until they come out with something that works...
my days are up Friday and i really appreciate the help.
thanks!

ahauben

Reaction score
At first my new Droid RaZR was fine, but after the two weeks were up, I started having trouble getting email via my Yahoo account. The gmail works fine. Is the WiFi supposed to be on or off? Does that make a difference? The dealer told me it is too bad. They will replace the phone with another one, but what difference will that make? Also, we live in a 3G zone.

Killbox90

Reaction score
At first my new Droid RaZR was fine, but after the two weeks were up, I started having trouble getting email via my Yahoo account. The gmail works fine. Is the WiFi supposed to be on or off? Does that make a difference? The dealer told me it is too bad. They will replace the phone with another one, but what difference will that make? Also, we live in a 3G zone.

Different issue so might wanna start your own thread, just sayin'. But i can quickly help with this one. It is something with the way yahoo does their pop servers. I have seen mixed results with yahoo email. simply download the yahoo email client from the market. It works just fine for yahoo mail.