New QWERTY device leaked for Sprint

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Saw this on BGR this morning. Judging by the picture, this doesn't appear to be the Droid Pro 2. The keyboard is a lot more curved but just glancing at the picture, it appears to still have a fairly low resolution probably still HVGA.

New Motorola Android handset for Sprint leaked

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Looks like it very well could be the successor to the XPERT/Pro to me. A lot of people complained about the Pro having a straight keyboard as opposed to the Blackberry-style curve, so it's possible that they've listened to some feedback. Given the relatively low sales of the Pro (I don't know about the XPERT), I don't see Motorola introducing a second line of portrait QWERTY Android phones at this point. There have been rumors of a follow-up ever since the Motorola Pro was cancelled in some European countries. I'm disappointed to see what appears to be the same screen size and a larger bezel. I'm liking the keyboard though.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Saw this on BGR this morning. Judging by the picture, this doesn't appear to be the Droid Pro 2. The keyboard is a lot more curved but just glancing at the picture, it appears to still have a fairly low resolution probably still HVGA.

New Motorola Android handset for Sprint leaked

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Looks like it very well could be the successor to the XPERT/Pro to me. A lot of people complained about the Pro having a straight keyboard as opposed to the Blackberry-style curve, so it's possible that they've listened to some feedback. Given the relatively low sales of the Pro (I don't know about the XPERT), I don't see Motorola introducing a second line of portrait QWERTY Android phones at this point. There have been rumors of a follow-up ever since the Motorola Pro was cancelled in some European countries. I'm disappointed to see what appears to be the same screen size and a larger bezel. I'm liking the keyboard though.
+1 on the keyboard. It's going to be interesting to see what Moto does with the Pro in light of Verizon's pace of "lighting up" 4g nation wide and Blackberry coming out with the 9900/9930...a really nice, updated and technically improved phone from the current stock of BB phones. I'd really hate to see the Pro not have a successor with the improvements users have said they'd like to see in the next generation Pro...larger screen, better resolution, larger keyboard, faster or dual processor, gingerbread or better, better camera, got to have active sync for corporate email users...that works right out of the box and all the Android "goodness".

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I will be very interested to see the specs when they come out.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I will be very interested to see the specs when they come out.
What specs are you referring to? If you're talking about the BB I think there are some videos on YouTube that discuss specs.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
The specs about the leaked Motorola device...not the bb specs.

jhumbo

Reaction score
gingerbread or better ... got to have active sync for corporate email users...that works right out of the box and all the Android "goodness".

We have both of those after this latest (June 2011) update, so no new phone needed for that, but I agree on your other specs.

Last edited:
OP
G

google123

Reaction score
The more I look at that picture, the more I tend to see this as a vertical slider aka, possible Motorola Spice 2???

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
The more I look at that picture, the more I tend to see this as a vertical slider aka, possible Motorola Spice 2???
I think you're right now that you mention it. It resembles the BB Torch. If you look close enough you can see a curved "rim" just above the keyboard.

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
I think you're right now that you mention it. It resembles the BB Torch. If you look close enough you can see a curved "rim" just above the keyboard.

I don't think that's a slider. I think it just looks like it has a larger bezel below the four "android" buttons that on the Pro. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

I don't think that's a slider. I think it just looks like it has a larger bezel below the four "android" buttons that on the Pro. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion.

I agree with you. Definitely not a slider. That silver bezel all the way around doesn't change. If that screen slides, there's something else underneath it because the trim doesn't have any indications that it moves, so the phone is going to remain that size regardless. It's the curve of the keyboard, the larger area under the capacitive buttons, and the lighting/angle that kind of make it look like it might slide.

Last edited:

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
Eh, I actually have no problem with my keyboard so new phone is meh. I dunno, I feel like having the curvy BB keyboard would make it easier to accidentally hit other buttons. At least the thing looks like it's running GB.

chinkster

Reaction score
They really need to upgrade the display and work on the battery life before even touching the keyboard in my opinion!