New Program!!! (program to control DROID from COMPUTER!

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Was looking through appbrain tonight and stumbled upon an app that I know alot of people have been looking for its an app that you can actually control your droid from your computer like clicking on things and typing messages and even getting files.

here is the link to the program its called Webkey im using it now its pretty neat!

Webkey (ROOT REQUIRED) - Android app on AppBrain

Only flaw for some people is that you need root, but for those of you that aren't rooted yet why aren't you? lol.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks dragonfly, I'm installing now and will probably check it out on Sunday.

pyropunk2006

Reaction score
tried it

In the initial use, it was fast and very usable. Afterwards, it slowed down and couldn't even send a txt

blake2415

Reaction score
Webkey Root droid 3 HOW? Screen all twisted

How are you getting Webkey Root on droid 3 to work? On every screen type I use, the PHONE menu gives me a view with the screen lappling with lines much like a horizontal hold problem. I have tried to remote into the droid from several computers with different refresh rates, from an HT touch pad, from another phone, and while they all can remote view the Droid, the screen is stuck with that horizontal tearing issue. Has anyone else had this and/or solved it?

UPDATE: The developer responded to my tech request and he fixed the problem in next release above 1.91

Last edited:

jasonpassow

Reaction score
Updated apk

How are you getting Webkey Root on droid 3 to work? On every screen type I use, the PHONE menu gives me a view with the screen lappling with lines much like a horizontal hold problem. I have tried to remote into the droid from several computers with different refresh rates, from an HT touch pad, from another phone, and while they all can remote view the Droid, the screen is stuck with that horizontal tearing issue. Has anyone else had this and/or solved it?

UPDATE: The developer responded to my tech request and he fixed the problem in next release above 1.91

DO you have the updated APK after 1.91? I have not found the update. I am also attempting to contact the developer to get the new version but would like this sooner rather than later. Thanks.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This looks very interesting... I'll be trying this out tonight... Thanks for the find

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

blake2415

Reaction score
DO you have the updated APK after 1.91? I have not found the update. I am also attempting to contact the developer to get the new version but would like this sooner rather than later. Thanks.

He said they were planning to release it this week. I was lucky that he took the time to look into this and actually fix it. So I suggest you be patient and wait for the release. This was resolved and it is in the next update and it could be any time now. I just check the market each night and when it's there, I'll get it, but otherwise, just give it a little time. It is a lot of work for these guys and the less we contact them really the better. He also has some other improvements that may be in this next release or soon thereafter. Not sure exactly what they are but it is being worked on too. So just grin and know your droid 3 will work shortly on the remote. Just check the market if you are anxious or wait for your phone to notify you of updates.

Good luck!!!

Now if only I can find a fix for call recording, I'll be 100% into this droid 3.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bumpty bump bump. I've been using this here and there for a while but really just started playing with it lately. Freaking awesome. Great way to use you Android as a remote music player. I have it hooked to the home stereo and control it from the PC over wifi. I've barely delved into all of what it can do, but it's also great because you can run everything on the phone while it's charging elsewhere. Tres excellent.