New Problem Rubix

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
ok so i have been using rubix 1.8 for a couple of months now, besides rebooting on its own no more than 10 times in 3 months is not that big of a deal, but recently my phone is acting weird like for example, if someone calls my cellphone and i dont feel like answering it so i silence or hang up on them the call gets forwarded to my home phone...or if instead of going to my cellphones answering machine it gets sent to my home phones answering machine. this has been happening for a little over 3 weeks now and its pretty irritating. also i never setup the call forwarding and i made sure that i had not done that and even still it keeps on forwarding calls...someone know or have any ideas?

mcp770

Reaction score
Best advise I would give is update via clean install to 1.9.7. Do this by first flashing the maderstcok340.zip which will give you a clean ota .340 os. Then reroot and run clockwork recovery to flash the latest Rubix. It's Drod's best build yet. 1500+ quadrant scores first boot and a built in oc app that does a fantastic job oc' ing the phone and undervolting. Battery life is phenomenal. Best my phone has ever run hands down.

trook

Reaction score
I'm using Google voice on 1.9.7 and it works great. Time to update!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mcp770

Reaction score
ummm aint google voice used for text messaging?

on the market it is called "voice search" and the icon looks like the mic button on the keyboard to do voice to text. This is needed to use the voice recognition aspects of the phone.

Last edited:
OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
yeah i know but i dont know why trook and thistle is talking about google voice, i dont think that has nothing to do with my phone acting like that... =-)

thistle

Reaction score
yeah i know but i dont know why trook and thistle is talking about google voice, i dont think that has nothing to do with my phone acting like that... =-)

Well, there's an option in Google Voice to "ring other phones" before going to voicemail. For instance, if I'm at work, someone calls me, and I silence the call, it will then ring my work phone. If I had my home phone in my forwarding phones it would ring that as well.

mcp770

Reaction score
Ahh, yea I misread the op. You have google voice service set to ring other phones. Either fix that setting via the app or login to voice on the web and uncheck any other lines you set it to auto forward to. Sorry I misunderstood the op.