New Prepaid Plans from Verizon Prove Real with Official Launch

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
prepaid-phones-vzw-pic.jpg

It turns out that Verizon document leak for new Prepaid plans, we reported on a couple of days ago was dead-on accurate. Verizon just officially launched these new plans starting today. Here's the full press release from them,

For many facing a tight budget, saving a few dollars each month is important.

So, when it comes time to think about the important task of keeping in touch with friends and family, taking time to investigate wallet-friendly options can mean a few extra dollars for weekend fun or paying down those holiday bills.

One option to consider is a prepaid smartphone. Today, Verizon Wireless launched prepaid plans that provide unlimited talk, unlimited texts and 500 MB of data for $60 a month, or for $70 a month, a prepaid customer receives 2 GB of data in addition to unlimited talk and texts.

The plans are available for many 3G smartphones that run on the Android, BlackBerry or iOS operating systems, such as the Samsung Illusion, the HTC DROID Incredible 2 and most BlackBerry models.

A new smartphone isn’t necessary to take advantage of the prepaid plans. Often, a no-longer-used smartphone sitting in a drawer at home can be activated on a prepaid plan with no annual contract.

With a smartphone in hand, there are many apps that can help find ways to make a dollar last longer. Groupon provides discounts on items and services ranging from gym memberships to restaurants. The Foursquare app allows check-ins at local spots and may even provide discounts. And, before heading out for a weekend trip, download the Gas Buddy app, which identifies the least expensive places to buy gas.

With an affordable prepaid plan, and some creativity, you can stay in touch with friends and family and save a few dollars along the way.

Source: Verizon

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
No one cares about unlimited :blink:TALK and :blink:TEXT, we care about :hail:UNLIMITED DATA:icon_ banana:. Verizon are you listening, apparently they are, but still trying to screw:angry: the consumer, but what's new with big corporations nowadays, same old same old.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd have to consider this. It would save me over $20 per month, and I rarely use data any more (on wifi most of the time).

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
They tried to screw me over last week.

I'm still currently on my unlimited data plan for $80 a month.

If I upgrade my phone and switch to 2GB a month data plan, I'll be paying the same amount. I talked this over with a rep on the phone and they did the math for me. I can have the choice of UNLIMITED or 2GB for the SAME PRICE.

Where is the logic in that? I mean really? These pieces of trash tried to get me off my unlimited data plan and go with one of their limited ones for the same price. Why would I pick 2GB over UNLIMITED INFINITE NO LIMIT DOWNLOAD WHAT EVER THE HELL YOU WANT STREAM WHAT EVER THE HELL YOU WANT amount of data?

It's about $15 per GB... so... (for me, in my situation)

Unlimited - $80.
6GB - $90.
10GB - $120.
15GB - $160.

So on and so on. They have a list somewhere.

^ Do those prices make any sense to you when the cheapest has the most quantity?

npro1464

Reaction score