1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Police Theme by New Themer...

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by mforrest, Apr 7, 2011.

1. mforrest

mforrest New Member

First and Foremost,

This is my first attempt at making a theme. Please be somewhat gentle with the criticism.. ie. constructive. I get enough of a beating all night at work..LOL :icon_ banana:

This theme is oriented more towards law enforcement.. but of course anyone is welcome to download it and flash it. I am not posting the theme until it is complete. However, I wanted to put up a couple of screen shots and show what has been done and solicit suggestions.

If there is anything you think I should add, or change, let me know.

HUGE thanks go to B-Boy and Yankindasouth. Both have been more than helpful in helping me get it started. The theme is Heavily based off of BBoys murder theme as a base, like I said I am a beginner.

Let me know what you think. Screenshots to follow in post 2 and 3.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  2. mforrest

mforrest New Member

reserved 1

Screen Shots are in the attachments below.

By all means, please suggest on more changes. This is actually kind of fun to do..(insert maniacal laughter). I am planning on changing the phone icons (with the numbers) to badges and the dial numbers will be the badge numbers. Also I am planning on chaning the lock icon on the lock screen to a pair of handcuffs...

Any other ideas and I will be happy to do all I can. When I run into a wall, I am sure one of the great themers before me will be willing to help out with some guidance.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  3. mforrest

mforrest New Member

reserved

some more screen shots of the updated theme.. before you get worried, I blacked out the phone numbers in the photos to protect the innocent. :) They will appear on your phone.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  4. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

c'mon with the ss's already!! i wanna see! :p
  5. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+1

This thread has been Thunder struck!!
  6. mforrest

mforrest New Member

Nothing? Really? WOW, never thought I would find this forum short of any kind of opinion .... lol. Maybe theme is a little too specific..?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Is the wallpaper from CoD Modern Warfare 2?

It's a good start, but I'd work on your icons. The camera icon is really bad and most of the ones you picked are really blurry.
  8. mforrest

mforrest New Member

I have no idea where that picture is actually from .. I Google's searched for swat pictures.. then modified it some with paint.net. Also, it is in the notification drop down, not the wallpaper.

I appreciate the feedback on the icons. I am going to redo the icons to find higher quality images for sure.

Any suggestions for what you guys would like to see as launcher icons for those apps? Maybe a mugshot photo for Facebook icon and the such?

9. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Try using GIMP if you can.

As for the icons I would try merging the symbol with something else. Some of the issues I have with themes is they go out and replace an icon with some wacko picture. Like someones face for email.

This might be something cool to do with the dialer. Try to find an image of a cop talking into something and modify it for the dialer.
  10. mforrest

mforrest New Member

Ok I used Gimp to change and improve a couple of icons. I changed the following:

Browser contacts calculator camera

I think next I will work on adding a picture to the lock screen. Then move on to other apps... like the facebook and pandora icons.

Maybe then I'll take on the daunting task of editing the .xml files...

Please make suggestions... i can modify the current icons, add other apps to the list... just let me know what you think.

EDIT: Lock Screen "done".... going to change the lock slider to a pair of handcuffs... probably.
  11. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

Looks good man!... The main thing is to have fun as a themer..#1 rule. Just keep adding stuff... one idea though - on the stat_sys_upload and download.. make them alternating red/blue police lights.. the speed they rotate as an animation would look pretty cool.. in my Fuster Cluck theme I have the ball arrows all different colors and it has a similar effect.... Keep up the good work bro!...
  12. mforrest

mforrest New Member

Hey, I really appreciate it. Especially coming from guys like you and Yank who know what your doing , any praise is definitely cool. Thanks for the suggestions on the flashing red and blue.. tonight it shall be included.

13. neilrl79

neilrl79 New Member

While I tend to leave my Droid stock themed I think you're off to a good start. Keep up the good work.
  14. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Nice work! Good to see u digging at the insides and making it special. I agree...make it fun. It should be otherwise it becomes an overwhelming chore

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  15. mforrest

mforrest New Member

closing in..

ok... Lot's updated over night. The 3g icons (upload and download) should now flash red and blue.

updated the camera icon to make it look better. Fixed the lock screen background to grey it out a bit. Not the bright blue.:icon_ banana:

Phone keypad is updated to a blue looks pretty cool .. I can make them larger if anybody thinks I should. ( I am aware that I missed the 0+ key) that will be fixed very soon.

Next: transparent lock sliders on the lock screen
  16. mforrest

mforrest New Member

The theme has been uploaded and is now available. Click on the link in the OP and install as you would any other theme.

Let me know what you guys think.:icon_ banana:
  17. andrewrvincent

andrewrvincent New Member

How about you get rid of all the red (FD color) and use blue (PD color).
    Thanks
  18. mforrest

mforrest New Member

That seems very obvious, 'of course. I agree. Am still working on the theme. It seems that a lit of the red is done thru .XML. so I am learning to edit XML files. Also, part of it is learning where all of the. PNG files are located and which ones actually link to what ... lol

It is a work in progress.. I just wanted to put the. Zip file out there to see if anybody was interested in it and where it was going.

Don't worry I'm still working on it ...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  19. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

What red xmls are you wanting to change?... the lockscreen clock and stuff is in a decompiled framework-res /Res/layout/keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.XML... there are 5 lines I wrote in with #ff0000. Change those to #0000ff (I think) for blue... or #ffffff for white.. then in Res/values/colors. XML is a line that says "bright_foreground_dark #ff0000... that's the red system text color ... change it accordingly, too.... then compile the Apk.... there are tuts on how to do all that in the team conversion section under my section.... looking good btw.... :)

20. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

OP ^^ this guy is a beast with xml edits!!

This thread has been Thunder struck!
Search tags for this page
android police theme

police logo theme

police logo themes

police logo thems

police theme android

police theme for android

police themed locker for android

police themes

police themes for android phone
police wolpepar