New Picture Leaked with another suggestion of 9/1

eagle132

Reaction score
It does seem unlikely that the Bionic will be out next week at this point. However, Sprint's version of the GSII seems to have 4g (or WiMax for them, whatever) via this Engadget post, so maybe Verizon's version actually will have 4gLTE as well? That would be a definite substitute for the Bionic.

I keep hearing that it won't, but besides for it ruining the release of the Bionic, which who cares at this point, I can't see why it won't.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At this point I am considering myself very lucky. My NE2 is up on 8/11 and because of that, I started checking out phones online around the first week of July to decide what will be replacing my Original Droid. It was at this point that I learned about the Saga that was/is the Droid Bionic and SGII... I feel like I am stepping into this whole thing with "2 minutes left on the clock in the 4th quarter" and will get to stick around for the post game party.

If nothing else, lurking around this forum has been a great source of info and is helping my decide which way to go with my decision... but it also has been extremely interesting realizing that there are two distinct groups waiting on this phone: the optimists and the pessimists.

Optimists - "I looked at the clock and it was 8:04... it's coming out August 4th!!!"

Pessimists - "Everyone knows <blank> and <blank> and <blank> and you're silly you think it will come out before September, if EVER."

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdad63

Reaction score
It does seem unlikely that the Bionic will be out next week at this point. However, Sprint's version of the GSII seems to have 4g (or WiMax for them, whatever) via this Engadget post, so maybe Verizon's version actually will have 4gLTE as well? That would be a definite substitute for the Bionic.

I keep hearing that it won't, but besides for it ruining the release of the Bionic, which who cares at this point, I can't see why it won't.

With already proven performance, the gs2 would definitely get my green if it hits first.

demarco5

Reaction score
keep in mind the gs2 doesnt have a notification light on the phone, who feels like hitting the power button everytime u want to check something?
not me

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With already proven performance...

But that is one of the things that has me confused. Is it actually known what changes will be made to the version that is already out in the wild to produce what they will be pushing to VZW? Is it totally unrealistic that something drastic might be changed to a point that it isn't the same best any more?

I have never actually handled a Samsung phone before but they are definitly my first choice for TVs and I am considering picking up a Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the next month (unless the connect-ability of the Thrive pulls me away, but that is for a different forum).

dasfxt

Reaction score
Although I have a droid x now... I think I can make do without the led notification. The performance and screen quality is far more important to me. Plus most people would check their phone incessively by nature. It's definitely Gs2 for me...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

das2042

Reaction score
I don't know, but if the sgII has lte and it comes first ill be hopping on board. Its already a proven phone with a hole slew of devs on it already so just imagine the possibilities. But on the same token why would Verizon put out a coming soon display if the damn thing isn't coming soon? I'm still thinking August will cure my itch, but if I have to go till September then I can wait till November for something way better. But here's to still believing in the the good August 4th timers.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
at least we finally got a pic of the phone.....But, again whoa....does Motorola really want to square off in the same week with Apple and the Iphone 5. Talk about being dead out of the gates....yikes.

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It may be the best of of a no-win situation for Moto. Delays in testing/dev might have pushed it past the August window and lined it up with the iphone, but imagine the torches and pitchforks if it was ready to go that week but they pushed it another couple weeks to avoid it.

NTRS

Reaction score
U guys need to relax. They said it would come this summer. As far I know summer isn't over. So just wait
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Trusstopher

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
U guys need to relax. They said it would come this summer. As far I know summer isn't over. So just wait

**Checking my local weather forecast**

7/27 - High of 101
7/28 - High of 104
7/29 - High of 104
7/30 - High of 101
7/31 - High of 101

Nope... summers not over yet...

NTRS

Reaction score
Not even close for me. I'm at the national training center. Middle of the desert. And I will buy the Droid as soon as it gets here. No sgs2 for me. I hate touchwiz