New Phones NetFlix Capable?

stevenfstein1

Reaction score
are any of the new phones coming out capable of running NetFlix or Hulu? Don't mean processing power but whatever chip is required for copyrite stuff.

Thanks.... Steve

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
For now it seems only Snapdragon processors will be able to utilize netflix. At least that's the last I heard.

dave4100

Reaction score
are any of the new phones coming out capable of running NetFlix or Hulu? Don't mean processing power but whatever chip is required for copyrite stuff.

Thanks.... Steve

You can play Hulu now. I've been watching Hulu movies and TV shows for over a week. I haven't tried Hulu Plus though. I wouldn't bet on the Tbolt running Netflix. The customer service rep said that the HD7, Arrive, and Surround are the only HTC phones currently able to stream netflix.

DroidStang

Reaction score

Thanks.... Steve

You can play Hulu now. I've been watching Hulu movies and TV shows for over a week. I haven't tried Hulu Plus though. I wouldn't bet on the Tbolt running Netflix. The customer service rep said that the HD7, Arrive, and Surround are the only HTC phones currently able to stream netflix.

Unless you are running a Non Android phone, just went to Hulu as I did 4 weeks ago still says if you are trying to access Hulu on a Android, it is not supported?

dave4100

Reaction score

Thanks.... Steve

Unless you are running a Non Android phone, just went to Hulu as I did 4 weeks ago still says if you are trying to access Hulu on a Android, it is not supported?

XDA Developers has had a new fix out for it for about a week now. It does work. They show you where to put the new file and rename it etc. I was skeptical at first because in the past, Hulu has plugged the hole quickly. Maybe not enough people know about the new fix, but it has been working for a week. And I do have a Thunderbolt. I don't think the movie selection is as good as Netflix though.

DroidStang

Reaction score
So do you need to download Hulu, like I did the APK Skype, and or does your phone need rooted, if not, if you go to www.hulu.com, first messages says sorry, android not support? Do you just say OK? and proceed and try to view shows?

dave4100

Reaction score
So do you need to download Hulu, like I did the APK Skype, and or does your phone need rooted, if not, if you go to www.hulu.com, first messages says sorry, android not support? Do you just say OK? and proceed and try to view shows?

Go here: [MOD] Flash 10.2 Working HULU Updated: 4/29/11 - xda-developers

What I did was copy the last file to my phone, unzip the file and move it to where it says to move it. Change the settings on the browser and you should be in good shape. You need to be rooted to be able to drill down to the data/data/ directory to replace the file. It does work though.
I used the libflashplayer file.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Ah Ha...rooted...knew there was a catch....yeah, for now the stock keeps me busy enough, guess just have to wait until they develope for non rooted. Thanks