New phone

freefly716

Reaction score
What happens if i get a new droid x to replace my possibly dead one?
Would I have to pay the huge early termination fee if i get another droid x with exact same plan, same number, etc etc? So it would be like everything I have now, except the PHONE WOULD WORK hahaha

Eschy

Reaction score
if your droid x is dead i would get a warranty replacement. Unless you rooted but even then you could try and sbf to stock and bring it in to get a replaacement

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
its not rooted and that didn't really answer the question.
Water Damage btw.

Eschy

Reaction score
ok well then yes if you want a new one you either need to pay the termination fee, buy a new one at full retail which is five hundred something dollars, or if you got the insurance make a claim. Those are your only options if you want to keep your number. I hope THIS answers your question

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
ok well then yes if you want a new one you either need to pay the termination fee, buy a new one at full retail which is five hundred something dollars, or if you got the insurance make a claim. Those are your only options if you want to keep your number. I hope THIS answers your question

Thanks eschy
And what if i don't care about keeping my number? any new options?

Eschy

Reaction score
ya if you want you can add a family line which is i think $9.99 or something like that. This way you can get the phone at the discounted price. Just leave your original line on and keep your (broken) x activated on it. I have done it a couple of times.

OP
F

freefly716

Reaction score
But that line would cost quite a bit of moolah. Are you sure I couldn't persuade a verizon guy to just let me buy a new droid x and no extra fees? I'm kinda close with one of them...

Eschy

Reaction score
eh you could try but they have to call corporate to get approved to let you buy the phone at the upgrade price. It might be a bust but it could be worth a shot.