New Phone

JeffD

Reaction score
So I have been experiencing issues with my Bionic where I would get a poping/crackling sound on the line when I would recieve calls but not when I placed calls. I called Verizon and went through the process of getting a replacement Bionic/Sim card. This didn't fix the issue. They are now telling me that it is a software issue and that they would like to replace my Bionic with a RAZR.

I am hesitant to do this because of all the ICS issues I have heard with the RAZR. Also, the ICS upgrade for Bionic has been sounding pretty smooth so far. Should I get the RAZR or wait to see if the ICS upgrade for Bionic will fix the issue?

Is the RAZR with ICS a better phone than Bionic in people's opinions?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's all personal opinion, but the non-removable battery would be a deal breaker for me.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm with Urban. The screen and the non-removable battery is what made me not consider getting a Razr.

As for how ICS is on the Razr, maybe go check it out in the store if possible. See if it's any different from your Bionic. I don't see why there would be problems and the two phones are both built and support by Moto, but who knows.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have both, and I prefer the RAZR. The screen is better unless you are always in direct sunlight, it has more development and the form is nice. The Bionic isn't a bad phone, but I'm not a big fan of the pixelated screen and less development. The LED is annoyingly small also.

That being said, I don't necessarily like the RAZR battery, but I had an extended battery for my X and always used the stock battery since the extended one annoyed me. If you can get a RAZR Maxx, I'd do that.