New phone

Meltman

Reaction score
I have a droidx since release date. I'm able to update to a new phone and my questions are. What's out now that is worth getting? Or should I wait for something down the road? I'm not a tech guru I know nothing about rooting or roms. That stuff sounds like it could be interesting but I honestly don't know if I would do it. Any help & suggestions would be appreciated.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you checked out any in the store? Honestly all the phones out noe are good choices its all just personal preference

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
Meltman

Meltman

Reaction score
Not yet I've been reading the different comments on here and I want to go check them out. The rebound sounds like a good option. Honestly how much more advanced can phones get so am I safe getting one now.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If you get a dual core phone you'll be good to go for 2+ years.

posttal

Reaction score
I had/have the same droid x as you..now its my back up phone along with a new never used HTC incredible still in the box after a year.
I first went with the RAZR thebeginningg of January,its very,verysimilarr to the X being made byMotorolaa so you wont have to do much learning but being dual core its much faster and has a better camera.BUT..the 4g went out on the razr in the first week.They tried a new sim card which didn't work then just gave me a new phone..ok fine.BUT again in a week or so I developed another 4g issue.The tech guy AT THE STORE..said it was due to running the app Battery Defender whichMotorolaarecommendss to save battery life.He said they had issues with battery saving apps which shut off the 4g conflicting with the phones internal software.Long story short I did a lot of complaining in the following weeks to verizon tech service..not locally but by phone were it could be documented..after 2 weeks of them documenting my issues and starting a big paper trail i demanded and got a new razr MAXX.Now I'm happy..no issues at all..doesn't need battery saving apps...heavy duty construction..and its a Motorola.So my opinion to your question..RAZR MAXX.As mentioned I also have the HTC and my kid has the Galaxy Nexus a nice phone also and it has the ICS update..BUT RAZR will be getting that update soon and when it does it will impove the razr's camera software making it just as fast as the Galaxy camera and in my opinion a nicer phone.As far as the HTC..mine is a new but older incredible..i like it..i recieved it from verizon by mistake as a replacement..tried it for 2 days untill my motorola arived and put it back in the box..they didnt ask for it back so it bacame a back up..i work outside and find the motorola phones more durable than HTC.I did a on line comparison of the HTC thunderbolt and the razr blew it away.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you get a dual core phone you'll be good to go for 2+ years.
This.

I wouldn't worry about talk about quadcore phones which you'll soon here. ICS is optimized for dualcore so in the case of cell phones, hardware will be ahead of software.

OP
Meltman

Meltman

Reaction score
I was just at the Verizon store and I think I'm going with the razr maxx. One big reason is htc does not have swype and I love swype. Plus I like the way it feels in my hand. Now I just have to wait til march 7 th til I'm eligible.

Drew_P

Reaction score
The rezound has its own program that works just like swype. I can't remember the name of it but its pretty much the same. You can even change the color of the swype lines (just a little gimmick) just thought I'd throw out that info since you mentioned HTC phones not having swype. But again, it all comes down to personal preference.

sent from my rezound powered thunderbolt!!!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If it means anything, you can put swype on the rezound.

Swype | Type Fast, Swype Faster Sign up for the beta to get the apk, and then just side load it.

There are some other keyboards out *like Drew_P said* that operate like SWYPE. For example FlexT9 has a trace keyboard, and in fact FlexT9 is by NUANCE who I believe bought SWYPE.

OP
Meltman

Meltman

Reaction score
Ok thanks I was wondering about the swype download. My wife has the dinc2 and that's what I did for her. So I guess I'll use the next 2 weeks to make my decision.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Ok thanks I was wondering about the swype download. My wife has the dinc2 and that's what I did for her. So I guess I'll use the next 2 weeks to make my decision.

Remember, you also have 2 weeks after you purchase the phone to return it for another.

OP
Meltman

Meltman

Reaction score
Yeah this is true I'm still undecided but leaning more toward the razr. I'm familiar with motorola and wouldn't have to learn a new system/phone!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums