New Phone

jrshelton13

Reaction score
Heh. I'm just relaying my experience. I'm not trying to "bad mouth" the phone because I'm some sort of "fanboi" of another phone... but this phone is seriously messed up when it cannot get a data connection for no good reason.

I just think some folks would like to know that before making a purchase, and the OP asked, so I was giving him the lowdown about the Bionic issues.

Was I supposed to keep it a secret?

Not keep it a secret, I was agreeing with you, if I had those issues I would be bitter too!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
No not all. Just a majority. In fact all my friends who upgraded or flat out bought it here in Hawaii.... all have lost data. Well except one who says he doesn't use it but just connects to wifi. But then he said he tried to 3g/4... it wouldn't come back so he went back to wifi...lol.

It's actually a small percentage.
The only people who post about problems are those who experience them. Those who dont have issues dont seek out forums to ask questions they dont have.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
It's actually a small percentage.
The only people who post about problems are those who experience them. Those who dont have issues dont seek out forums to ask questions they dont have.

I'm still cracking up at this totally noob logic. lol!

dlo-htown

Reaction score
you're clearly unaware of the facts.
thats ok tho. we forgive you.

No, I'm well aware of the fact that you are an "interwebz expert" with all the facts™. (not real facts at all, just going of what you see on Droidforums)

nateohio

Reaction score
Wow I really cant believe that there are still people out there complaining about the data issue when the fix has been out there for 2-3 weeks now!!! Like I've said in a few other threads, if you have the issues and have not applied the updates that are available, then either do it or stop complaining.

The fact that you're so scared about voiding you warranty just shows how ignorant you are of these processes. I've flashed custom roms, leaked updates, etc... so many times I could probably do it with my eyes closed. You know what?? I have NEVER gotten to a point where I couldn't return to 100% stock. The only time you have to worry about "voiding" your warranty is if YOU are stupid enough to return a phone for a warranty replacement still modded/rooted.

99.9% of the threads that you see that have titles something like "Oh no I bricked my phone" are just people that haven't learned how to recover properly yet and will most likely have their issues addressed and fixed within the first ten posts.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
Wow I really cant believe that there are still people out there complaining about the data issue when the fix has been out there for 2-3 weeks now!!! Like I've said in a few other threads, if you have the issues and have not applied the updates that are available, then either do it or stop complaining.

The fact that you're so scared about voiding you warranty just shows how ignorant you are of these processes. I've flashed custom roms, leaked updates, etc... so many times I could probably do it with my eyes closed. You know what?? I have NEVER gotten to a point where I couldn't return to 100% stock. The only time you have to worry about "voiding" your warranty is if YOU are stupid enough to return a phone for a warranty replacement still modded/rooted.

dude I write firmware for a living. my customers expect my software to simply work. but if there's a bug than I am expected to fix it ASAP, not 3 or 4 months later. it's not a question of not knowing how to apply patches to the phone, it's about the fact that the patches that are out there don't fix this problem. it's about the fact that even motorola has admitted the patches aren't the final fix. It's about the fact that motorola said there'd be a patch early November but now it's 30-60 days from now.

for someone claiming to be so smart you sure haven't done your homework on this problem.

davelisa3210

Reaction score
Forget both of them, the Bionic and the Razr. I'm a bionic owner and its a great phone. The Razr looks comparable spec wise. Wait for the Galaxy Nexus and be on ICS. It's Time to take it to the next platform.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

nateohio

Reaction score
dude I write firmware for a living. my customers expect my software to simply work. but if there's a bug than I am expected to fix it ASAP, not 3 or 4 months later. it's not a question of not knowing how to apply patches to the phone, it's about the fact that the patches that are out there don't fix this problem. it's about the fact that even motorola has admitted the patches aren't the final fix. It's about the fact that motorola said there'd be a patch early November but now it's 30-60 days from now.

for someone claiming to be so smart you sure haven't done your homework on this problem.

Actually, the patches have fixed the problem for 99 percent of us. Have you even bothered trying it? I'd put my money on your answer being no to that question.

And for those it hasn't helped, its more likely user error or signal problems from the actual tower.

As far as your attempt at making yourself sound special by saying that your a firmware writer, I highly doubt that you deal with the volume of customers that motorola/Verizon deal with. Could they rush an update out? Absolutely!

But then guys like you would be complaining about a rushed update that was buggy in other ways.

Be glad that we are getting an update at all, or go buy a device from another mfg and see how long they take to update their devices. Motorola has been and will continue to be the best at updating their devices, not to mention they are also the quickest in most cases.

KH22

Reaction score
Wow...Every thread I read has dlo running his mouth. If he's that unhappy with the Bionic, why in the hell is he on the Bionic forum? I LOVE my Bionic. It could use a snappier camera, but other than that, it's the best phone I've owned. And I've owned a lot. Phones are like everything else when it comes to technology. You get good ones, and you get not so good ones. I happen to get a good one. Dlo, you are not informing people with the correct information. The people with problematic Bionics are the minority. Fact!

portermac

Reaction score
I've posted this before but anyway I was having data loss issues for a month or so until my area got 4g. Now I've had a perfect bionic with zero issues for over a month now. If my bionic was at fault with the data loss then getting 4g would not have helped my issues. My wives thunderbolt and my friends revolution both had data loss issues from time to time.
Also, my friend and I had downloaded a battery saver app that would turn off data when it was sleeping to save battery. Well it caused more issues with data loss trying to turn 3g on when awakened.
I don't think all these issues are on the bionic and that the towers and signal strength has a lot to do with it. If it were just the bionic then I wouldn't be loving my phone this much with zero issues now that I have 4g.

Reaction score
Wow...Every thread I read has dlo running his mouth. If he's that unhappy with the Bionic, why in the hell is he on the Bionic forum? I LOVE my Bionic. It could use a snappier camera, but other than that, it's the best phone I've owned. And I've owned a lot. Phones are like everything else when it comes to technology. You get good ones, and you get not so good ones. I happen to get a good one. Dlo, you are not informing people with the correct information. The people with problematic Bionics are the minority. Fact!

I hate jumping in but honesty....."fact"? Fact? Even Verizon and Motorola reps acknowledged it so I guess its a "non" problem. That ota produced was for the 5% that had problems I guess? Highly unlikely.

nateohio

Reaction score
I hate jumping in but honesty....."fact"? Fact? Even Verizon and Motorola reps acknowledged it so I guess its a "non" problem. That ota produced was for the 5% that had problems I guess? Highly unlikely.

He didn't say it was a non issue or non problem. He said the people who were having issues are in the minority. That is a fact.

Just look at the sampling if bionic users in the forum. Most of us are happy, and many of the parts you see are the same people just repeating themselves over and over.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nobody should be considered ignorant or dumb for choosing not to root or not to take a leaked update. The OP DOES need to know there have been at least a few issues with the phone. Nobody in this thread knows the exact statistic, but clearly enough people had Motorola's attention quickly to start working on an update.

Keep it civil and productive as I'm about half a step from closing this one up. The OP asked for help and opinions, not bickering.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Forget both of them, the Bionic and the Razr. I'm a bionic owner and its a great phone. The Razr looks comparable spec wise. Wait for the Galaxy Nexus and be on ICS. It's Time to take it to the next platform.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Forget about the bionic and the razr? I don't think any one phone will move us to the next platform as both the razr and bionic will both get ICS, nexus will just be the first. I am pretty confident, and this is just my opinion on based on specs and what I've read, that I will be happier with a fixed bionic than a nexus, again, JMO..