New phone won't charge above 70%

Bunni

Reaction score
My RAZR MAXX is exactly a week old, and when I first took it out of the box it charged to 100%, and after setup, when I started to actually use it, it was at 80%.

Since that night, I can't get it to charge above 70%. I've tried putting it in sleep mode and airplane mode while charging it, and I've conditioned the battery. I turned the Wi-Fi off too.

The only other thing I can think to do is change my charger, because I'm not using one that came with the phone, but I doubt that would do anything.

Do I just need to get my phone replaced? Has anyone else had this problem?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That would be the first thing I would do is use the proper charger with the phone turned off and let it go to 100%, report back after that.

Also welcome to the forum.

aarong03

Reaction score
That would be the first thing I would do is use the proper charger with the phone turned off and let it go to 100%, report back after that.

I agree with Sydman! I've run into this before when I had my original Droid, I had to use the cable that came with the phone. Try it and you should be fine. I've heard other people having the same problem also and they weren't using the charger cable that came with the phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

+1 the factory charger and cable are important on the razr line of devices.

Welcome to the droid forums :)