New phone upgrade

bosshog85

Reaction score
I am eligable for a new phone in a couple weeks. I want to dump my LG Ally for a Samsung Fascinate. Would this phone be recommended for an inexpensive phone or should I go with the Continuum?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

cjr4497

Reaction score
the fascinate is a fantastic phone. it tried out the continuum and didn't like it. the only thing better about the continuum is that is is narrower and pockets better. you won't be letdown with the fascinate. it is quick, responsive, great call quality, good battery life for a smart phone, and has the samsung screen which is the best you can get. the reception on the fascinate is usually a bar or two lower than my wife's droid x.

OP
bosshog85

bosshog85

Reaction score
Great thanks for making my decision easier! =)

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
Fascinate would be my pick too!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

ctjoe

Reaction score
I have the Fascinate and hate it. It has a big issue with missed calls. So bad that verizon finnaly admitted it and is substituting 3 phones in its place if you have it. They offered me the Droid x2,incredible2 and Samsung Charge. Think twice

alboboy10

Reaction score
I have the Fascinate and hate it. It has a big issue with missed calls. So bad that verizon finnaly admitted it and is substituting 3 phones in its place if you have it. They offered me the Droid x2,incredible2 and Samsung Charge. Think twice

Ask for thunderbolt

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
0 issues here on missed calls.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Get a x2 and save yourself the trouble and frestration!

yardsale

Reaction score
I would avoid the Fascinate. I have one and dislike it intensely ("hate" is such a strong word...). It is very buggy. A lot of people in this forum and others have experienced issues, and this is consistent with Fascinate-owning friends I have talked to.

mjkitzman

Reaction score
I would not suggest the Fascinate. My daughter and I have the Fascinate and we have each had our phones replaced three times. This past Friday, when she complained about the fourth phone, Verizon offered to send her the HTC Incredible, Motorola X2 or the Samsung Charge because of known issues with the Fascinate. She chose the Incredible. I tried to get the same deal and they turned me down--told me the software upgrade will solve the issues I'm having. I did the upgrade and am still having the same problems. Dropped calls, missed calls, random message sending, flashing/vibration, frozen screen. . .just "a few" of the issues I experience daily. Oh, and the battery lasts four hours. I cannot use bluetooth or wifi because the battery won't last an hour if I do. My niece and her husband had the same problems and were able to say the right magic words to get their phones replaced on Friday as well--they chose the Droid X2. Best Verizon would do for me is send me a new Fascinate. They assure me this one will work. We'll see. (I will post what happens when I get the new phone.) Don't buy the Fascinate.

Mark Kropf

Reaction score
I have been on for 9 hrs 57 minutes and battery level 76%.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
I just came from the fascinate and I would have to add the same advice : don't get one. I had it from the first week it came out, had it swapped out once for data connectivity issues and suffered through the missed call problems, & screen burn-in & call quality/reception troubles that came later. There seems to be a real severe swing in build quality on the fascinate as well, that's evidenced by battery life disparity between units and screen coloration & tint. Some were always just better than others. I guess that can be said of almost anything but it was really obvious on that phone. The only redeeming quality of that model was the excellent dev community at xda, but even they could only go so far to make up for the inherent defects of that unit. I took the swap 2 weeks ago to the x2 & couldn't be happier.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

tfotos

Reaction score
Oh, and the battery lasts four hours. I cannot use bluetooth or wifi because the battery won't last an hour if I do.

I have been unplugged for 14 hours and still have 50% left on my battery. Maybe you have something running in the background eating your battery? I am pleased overall with my fascinate. This was an upgrade from the original Moto Droid. While I miss my OG Droid (wife uses it now) I am pleased overall with the Fascinate and I think you will be too. Give it a try for a couple weeks. Worse case scenario is you return it for something else.