New phone update

redman50

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the new phone update really did?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
redman50

redman50

Reaction score
Thanks yall

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

stani

Reaction score

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
what app is spaming

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

lowvolt

Reaction score
I installed it, and now I have all kinds of spam coming through as notifications :*^( Any advice on how I might fix this?

Download air push detector from the market. That will tell you what app it is.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
"But the major point was to fix Gasai's issue with [COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important]camera[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] settings not saving.... "

Actually, the way VZW was selling this update, I think it's more likely that it was a Homeland Security update.

You normally don't advertise a software upgrade with a VZW ad/plea campaign to install it.

verizon probably needs a percentage of devices running the alert system to make the feds happy

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

moelsen8

Reaction score
Download air push detector from the market. That will tell you what app it is.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

or you could try "lookout ad network detector". although i haven't tried it, this is new and lookout's a pretty big name. air push detector and all the other ad detectors never did get the one that was annoying me a while back. ended up losing a good portion of a day looking for it and only found the app due to trial and error. anyone putting spam in my notification bar [without making it clear upfront in the market description!!!] should be shot.

Bootweasel

Reaction score
*GASP*! It was UnInstaller that was doing it. Strange, I've had this app before and it never spammed. "Lookout Ad Network Detector" led me straight to the culprit. Thanks everyone! :^D