1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New phone procedure?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Tonik, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Tonik

Tonik Member

I have a replacement phone showing up tomorrow and I am thinking the below is the best way to get it going. Would appreciate suggestions, advice or criticism. I am assuming it will come with 5.5.886

Get the Root Explorer apk on my SD card somehow. Can I just copy that off my current phone. Or I have TI....is that backup installable if I allow unknown sources and hit it with a file explorer?
    Boot it without the sim and get it Forever Rooted.
    Reboot from that, still no sim and double check the chmod entries in mount_ext3.sh.
    Go ahead and boot with the sim card in it, activate and drink coffee and wait for 5.5.893. (That will still install with root correct?)

Or am I thinking wrong and I won't be able to do all that without a sim in it?

After that I should still have root correct? Not concerned at this point with the latest OTA that is dribbling out.
  2. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

I have a replacement bionic set to arrive Tuesday and was wondering if this worked for you?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  3. Tonik

Tonik Member

It worked out fine, but not as I described. Can't really do much with the phone without the sim in it I found out. I just fired it up and used the forever root from:

R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki

Then let it update to 5.5.893. It never tired to update but I did make sure I forever rooted it quickly...I didn't mess around. If it does try and update on you I would decline the update until I had it all rooted and checked. Quick and easy, no problems.
  4. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

Cool. thanks for the info!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
htc thunderbolt showing sim from unknown source

htc thunderbolt this sim card is from an unknown source

the sim card is from an unknown source

this sim card is from an unknown source

thunderbolt sim card from unknown source