New phone now or wait to see what comes next...

NJMetsHero

Reaction score
So I've had my enV2 for awhile now, and I really liked it. But after a week of searching and hoping it would turn up, I now am officially considering it lost for good. I was hoping to wait until January or so to upgrade around the time I normally do to see what kinds of new phones come out around that time, especially with 4G rolling out and such. I have a few old flip phones in my drawer that I could use for a few months I suppose, but I'm wondering if anything is coming down the pike on Verizon that'll be worth the wait. Should I go with one of the current Droids or wait to see what comes out later and stick with an old flip phone for a few months?

Darkseider

Reaction score
Hold out until the end of the year. The new phones that are supposed to be dropping soon are going to be the new class of superphones. Dual core Cortex A9 SoC's with 512 meg to 1 Gig RAM. 4" to 4.3" screens, 8 to 16 Gig internal storage, etc... Granted you can get some AWESOME deals right now on the Galaxy S line of phones as well as others but is the $0.01 incentive enough of a savings knowing that the next line of devices will be a quantum leap in performance over the current gen? Ultimately up to you but my suggestion is to wait it out.

OP
N

NJMetsHero

Reaction score
That's what I had figured. This first phones to come out with 1 GHz processors were released about a year ago if I'm not mistaken. Do we know when phones will start coming out with dual-core processors? I haven't seen any rumors about any specific ones. I just assumed that they'll probably come around the time that the new 4G phones do sometime next year.

Darkseider

Reaction score
As for which phones the only rumor with teeth is the new Motorola T2 superphone. As for HTC don't expect any dual cores until mid/late 2011. There are also rumors that LG is now going to be dropping a dual core phone late this year/Q1 next year as well.

OP
N

NJMetsHero

Reaction score
Cool. Sounds like I may just wait a few months and see what comes out. I'm sure some nice Droids will be available, plus the iPhone and Windows Phone 7 might be on Verizon by then too.