New Phone New Problems.

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by JJ12345, Mar 23, 2011.

1. JJ12345

JJ12345 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone, I've had an og Droid since June of last year and I've been running SS since it came out. I recently had to get a new og Droid because the old one had a hardware malfunction in the power/hold button. I've rooted my new Droid 1 and I'm running SS 4.9. However I can't upgrade to gingerbread for some reason. It wont let me. My other problem is in 4.9 I can't turn on my wifi which is a BIG problem. Hoping to acquire some help to fix either issue.
    Regards,
    JJ12345

2. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly what do you mean by this? Do you get errors? Or bootloops? How are you trying to flash the ROM? The more detail you can give, the better.

3. JJ12345

JJ12345 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok from what I've figured out through reading posts, I think I have the stock OS kernal with SS 4.9 installed. I think thats why the wifi won't turn on it just says error. If I try download and install anything from Chevy, my phone will download it, bring up the wipe cache and install options from ROM Manager, and then turns itself off, sticks @ the "M" logo, and after 3 power off power on cycles it will boot back into SS 4.9. Thus leaving me still Wifi-less and with no updated kernal.

4. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried booting into recovery yourself (instead of asking ROM Manager to do it)? If you can, then just wipe data/cache and install the ROM from there. It should go without saying, but make sure you have a backup first!

5. JJ12345

JJ12345 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now I have a much more serious problem, I tried to do what you said, but I can't even catch the boot with "X" to get to recovery menu.
    Yeah, just tried manually and through holding power button and selecting reboot into recovery, neither work, this sucks.

6. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm...even if you hold X while you hit the power to turn it on? Strange...

You could always try reflashing CWM recovery from within ROM Manager. I've read that some people have issues with it from time to time, and that often, flashing an old version, then flashing the latest, takes care of it.

My only concern here would be that if you can't get into recovery, you can't restore a backup.

7. JJ12345

JJ12345 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah now I'm concerned.

8. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So can you get to your SS4.9 install at all? If so, you can try flashing the SPRecovery, and then back to CWM recovery, to see if that helps. If you can't get to it, then really your only choice (that I'm aware of) is to use RSDLite to try to flash another recovery onto the phone (and this only if you can get to the stock bootloader).

Anyone else have suggestions?

9. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    The problem is definitely CWR - you'll need to get back into RM, flash SPR/CWR back and forth at least twice - that is the reason you can't get into recovery ...

10. JJ12345

JJ12345 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So should I just use RSD Lite and start from scratch and flash between spr and cwr?

11. shiznit05

shiznit05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No.. he's saying just go into ROM Manager, flash to SPR, then flash back to clockwork ...twice.

What you're describing has happened to me a few times. Flashing to SPR then back to CW has fixed it every time.

12. JJ12345

JJ12345 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but the problem is I can't get to RM.