New Phone = New Accessories

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by kcook323, Apr 10, 2012.

1. kcook323

kcook323 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With my original Droid I had a car charger, windshield mount, and docking station. I'm indecisive on what I want now for my new phone. I'm so bad at making decisions. I got the purple silicon case when I ordered my phone. I could kick myself for not getting screen protectors and a car charger. I like the idea of the Otterbox, but just wish they had more color choices besides black.

What do you have or are you planning on getting for your phone?

Kendra

2. Snoking

Snoking Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I have a checkerboard gel case. They come in a lot of difference colors. Got it at the Mesa, Az flea market for 8 bucks. 4.95 for a screen protector. I think Amazon has the cases. Chris

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

3. WallyIAm

WallyIAm Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The car charger from your OG Droid should work on your Rezound. It looks different from your HTC plug but will work.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lenagainster

Lenagainster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I got the silicone case with my Rezound and it works great. It won't slide out of my hand and I haven't dropped the phone yet in five months. As far as a "car dock", I'd suggest just getting a generic holder that squeezes the phone at the sides, being sure that the charging port is clear. You can put the phone most anywhere in the vehicle, it does not have to be against the windshield to get a good GPS signal for providing directions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    The car "dock" that I have slots into my now defunct CD player and holds on for dear life. I love the thing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Laur3nNewm4n

Laur3nNewm4n Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I don't have a Rezound, but I recommend just getting a universal car mount. That way you save yourself some money whenever you upgrade. Also, I suggest getting a charge-only USB cable and a cigarette-lighter USB charge port that puts out like 1A. That way your phone charges like it's on an AC adapter instead of the slower, less powerful USB charge.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kcook323

kcook323 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I never even thought to check. My home charger works as well, so I can at least put that money into a car mount/or dock.

8. kcook323

kcook323 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have a link to something like this? I'm wondering if that is what I have now? My Droid charger plugs into the "cigarette lighter" port (hehe, isn't that funny? I haven't thought about those ports being called that in years!).

I have been looking at Universal Mounts. I found two at Walmart, one is a windshield mount, and the other is a vent mount.

Kendra

9. Laur3nNewm4n

Laur3nNewm4n Member

Ratings:
    +5
    This is the mount I have: Ppyple Smartphone Car Dashboard Mount | Overstock.com
    The base is sticky and can either suction cup mount to the windshield or your dashboard. I have mine on the windshield and it's very solid.

The charge-only USB cable: Amazon.com: Naztech Micro USB Charging Cable - BlackBerry, Cal-Comp, HTC, LG, Samsung, Nokia, and Sony Ericsson: Cell Phones & Accessories
    It's like 4 feet long so it can reach most places in your car.

USB charging adapter: Amazon.com: Griffin Powerjolt Dual Universal USB Micro: MP3 Players & Accessories
    It's a low profile one, so it won't stick out half a mile from your port, plus it can charge two devices at once. I bought two of the charge cables in case a passenger wants to charge too.

You would definitely be able to use your Droid's car charger with the Rezound. I can't remember what kind of power it puts out - when you connect it to your Rezound does it say USB or AC charging in your battery stats?

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    I bought one of those Griffin chargers and it didn't work. Heck, I couldn't even tell it had made all the contacts(no indicator light)

11. Maverick0984

Maverick0984 Member

Ratings:
    +3
  12. Laur3nNewm4n

Laur3nNewm4n Member

Ratings:
    +5
    *shrugs* Mine works. Maybe you got a defective one, or it just doesn't fit right in your port.

Search tags for this page

htc rezound data cable error too much current

moto x phone charger in mesa az

what kind of charger does the htc rezound use