New Phone for my Wife

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I know this might be the wrong fourm/place to post this.
But i have a DROID so i have some right lol but this is to people who
might have a DROID and a mate who doesn't.

First of all for the time being I can't afford 2 data plans. My wife has the LG Dare and I'm pretty sure im gonna upgrade her phone soon. Whats a good phone? I know she wants something like my droid (with keyboard). Ever since I jumped into the smartphone scene I dunno where to find info other than VZ website for non smartphones. Wish I didnt have to pay another 30 to get the data plan or she would have the Eris or a Droid as well.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the VZW site, you can do a search for phones with QWERTY keyboards. Enter your location

Your best bet is to go into the store and let her play with them. If wife aint happy, aint nobody happy.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Your pretty much stuck with a new data plan if you upgrade your wife's phone. Any phone you get that is not a 'DUMB' phone as vz puts it will cost you the data plan. Personally, the phones that vz offers or classifies as a dumb phone I wouldn't give my kid. As much as you hate it, you may want her to stick with her Dare for the time being until you can afford the additional data plan then just get her the Droid. That is my advice.

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
lol yea I figured that but I just thought we might have some personal experiences only because she will pick up soem random phone and then not like it on the 31st day lol She got the Kraze before i was like omg nooooo. The Dare she has now was mines before I got the Omnia then went to the DROID.

Well yea she's gonna get a dumb phone probally lol just one with a keyboard

warrior21

Reaction score
Probably going to the verizon store is the best bet because their website leaves a little to be desired when it comes to selection. My wife will probably be upgrading from her blackberry to a droid soon so I'm used to footing the bill for her data plan already:mad:

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
yea sooner or later im gonna probally end up getting a data plan for her. She has a cake buisness and every now and then she will be out on the road and be like I wish i could do this or that then I whip out my DROID and be like oh thats easy. Then she gives me the slant eyes like this >_> lol
Gonna be paying close to 200 dollars for our cell phones smh I give the bill slant eyes >_>

huskur

Reaction score
My wife is due for upgrade also but the replacement for the voyager is the envy touch which requires at least a $10 per month data package. For 20 more she can have a droid also or the devour (which she likes because of the motoblur and facebook)

Even the multimedia phones (keyboarded) are data required phones. Only one not is the motorola rival and its sucks a$$

warrior21

Reaction score
yea sooner or later im gonna probally end up getting a data plan for her. She has a cake buisness and every now and then she will be out on the road and be like I wish i could do this or that then I whip out my DROID and be like oh thats easy. Then she gives me the slant eyes like this >_> lol
Gonna be paying close to 200 dollars for our cell phones smh I give the bill slant eyes >_>
Sounds like me when I look at my bill. Between our two smartphones and the two phones my kids use the bill is up just over 200 also. I know what it is going to be and yet I curse everytime I open it up. lol

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
lol if anything when I get my kids phones they gonna get the FREE phones lol I use my smartphone for work and I need my emails 24/7 with my job and everything. Even then I still kinda felt bad doing the 30dollar plan but I had the 15dollar data for the Dare at the time.

I was just thinking I would maybe get the Devour for her but since all these deals on the DROID are out maybe ill wait till I made the switch. Thanks for the info though guys!

I went to shinkmybills.com from like tmobile or w/e they suggested I go to sprint. Looked at sprints phone selection and slant eyed them >_> lol ill stay with VZ.

PridgNYC

Reaction score
My wife has been giving me the slanty eyes ever since I got my droid in November. She had upgraded to the Omnia last April, and hates the phone, fortunately, verizon called last Friday to let us know she is eligable for early upgrade, so I ordered her a droid, she gets it tonight.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Come on guys. Not one person here read this as the OP offering his wife for a new phone?:rofl3:

warrior21

Reaction score
My wife has been giving me the slanty eyes ever since I got my droid in November. She had upgraded to the Omnia last April, and hates the phone, fortunately, verizon called last Friday to let us know she is eligable for early upgrade, so I ordered her a droid, she gets it tonight.
They told my wife since she is the primary line on the account she is eligible once a year for an upgrade but that is the first I've heard of that. We thought she had to wait until at least November to be eligible but Verizon told her to come back on the 21st and they would upgrade her. I don't know if they relaxed a little on the policy or what.

OP
MrCapcom

MrCapcom

Reaction score
lol its kinda ok though because there isnt much I think she would want that isnt a smartphone