New Phone.. Droid 2 Relese Date?

xMatt007x

Reaction score
Going to buy a new phone sometime in June or early July.. Will we see the Droid 2 before July ends? Otherwise I'll just get the Moto Droid. Any thoughts?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Uh no one knows for sure, it's rumored that there are two phones coming out within the upcoming month.

OP
X

xMatt007x

Reaction score
Uh no one knows for sure, it's rumored that there are two phones coming out within the upcoming month.

You really think so I talked to a VZW Rep today and he said the end of the year! OMG!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay well then go with what he said if you want to.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We know that it is appearing in Verizon's inventory as we've seen screen shots of it.

Now here's my opinion, which isn't of any greater value then anyone else's. Has anyone noticed the upswing of advertising on the Incredible? Pretty amazing for a phone that's in backorder.

I'd say the popularity of the Droid and the push on the Incredible would make it seem that a date of release on the Droid 2 would likely be a November push for the Holidays.

Just an educated guess. I think it makes sense. I don't see Verizon dumping ad money into a product unless they think it's going to be a hit like they are doing with the Incredible. They must be planning on selling it for a while.

Darkseider

Reaction score
We know that it is appearing in Verizon's inventory as we've seen screen shots of it.

Now here's my opinion, which isn't of any greater value then anyone else's. Has anyone noticed the upswing of advertising on the Incredible? Pretty amazing for a phone that's in backorder.

I'd say the popularity of the Droid and the push on the Incredible would make it seem that a date of release on the Droid 2 would likely be a November push for the Holidays.

Just an educated guess. I think it makes sense. I don't see Verizon dumping ad money into a product unless they think it's going to be a hit like they are doing with the Incredible. They must be planning on selling it for a while.

Out of curiousity there is the Shadow/Xtreme, Droid 2 and Droid Pro. That makes 3 phones so IF your prediction of the Droid 2 in November when will the Droid Pro drop? Assuming of course that there is in fact a Droid Pro.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If it's in VZW system already its at least 2 months out from release. Thats pretty much been the average.

It's a safe bet for a July/August release

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As much as the Droid has made me love Android and how much I like the phone itself, the 3.5mm jack issue and the camera is making me have second thoughts on buying a Motorola phone. I'm likely to get the Incredible or Scorpion.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
As much as the Droid has made me love Android and how much I like the phone itself, the 3.5mm jack issue and the camera is making me have second thoughts on buying a Motorola phone. I'm likely to get the Incredible or Scorpion.

booooooooooooooooooooo : )

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey, I'm sorry, but if a cell phone tycoon can't get two simple things right, I'm not sure if I want to buy from them again =)