New Phone Coming to VZW from Samsung: SCH-I425 Godiva; with 720p Display & 1.4GHZ CPU

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Godiva.jpg

It doesn't look like Samsung's massive success with the Galaxy S III has stunted their desire to create smartphones for every market demographic. According to the latest leaked benchmark intel, a new phone from Samsung is coming to Verizon called the "Godiva." This phone has the model number SCH-I425 and has some specs that probably park it in the mid-range category. Here's what we know:
  • Verizon LTE radio
  • Unknown display size with resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels
  • 1.4GHz MSM8960 SoC & Adreno 305 graphics (likely a Snapdragon S4 family chip)
  • Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
As you can see, there isn't much to go on, as this was the only info that was gleaned from the leaked benchmarks. From the looks of the model number, we suspect this is potentially a Stratosphere variant. This is doubly interesting because it could mean that Verizon is soon to get a QWERTY-equipped Samsung smartphone. We will keep you in the loop when we find out more.

Source: AndroidAuthority

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
depends on screen size. if its a 4.5 inch screen 1080 isnt needed at all. quad core processor though(300 series of gpu's are quad core, dual core is at 225)...nice stuff.

Agree 100% on screen size and DPI.

for a mid range phone...it beats the s3 ;)

I'm not sure I'd go that far. :D I think the only phone from Samsung that will beat the S3 is the upcoming S4 and the Galaxy Note 2. But the Note 2 is in a different category so me thinks just the S4 when it releases.