New Phone - Bricked within hours

OP
F

Finalchrono

Reaction score
The boot process may not exist, but if they really wanted they could probably access the internal memory to see the SuperUser app on it. I doubt they want to go that deep into it, hopefully they'll be lax about it seeing as it's the holidays.

suzanne2of3

Reaction score
They shouldnt go that deep into it just try it at the end of the day its ur only choice atm

Sent from my ZTE-RACER using DroidForums App

xth3game66x

Reaction score
So there is none at all that no body knows of a recovery fix for the lg vortex?

roolark

Reaction score
Me -> bricked vortex also

like you, I managed to brick my vortex, with all the same symptoms. I really hope someone has a solution to this.

My phone symptoms: Phone powers on and goes straight to the white LG logo on black background. It never progresses beyond that point.

What I did to cause this:

1. I rooted my phone with z4root. That worked OK.
2. I installed "ROM Manager"
3. Tried to backup my current rom. "ROM Manager" said it needed to install "clockwork recovery" rom, and then offered me a list of recovery roms.
4. I had no idea what I was looking at, so I randomly selected one. (Yes, I'm acutely aware of how idiotic that was, and I wasn't drunk either, which makes it that much worse).
5. When the phone rebooted, BRICK. (per above symptoms)

I've tried:

1. Hard reset: "Vol down + home + power". This does absolutely nothing to change the symptoms. No recovery modes, etc.

2. Pulled the batter out and left it out for 2 days while I wallowed in my own self disgust, and tried the reset again, to no avail.

3. Booted my laptop into ubuntu, plugged the phone in via usb, and issued "dmesg" command. It looks as thought linux doesnt register anything plugged into the port at all.

4. In windows, in device manager, nothing shows up resembling the phone, and there are no "unkown devices" listed.

5. Installed adroid sdk on my pc, ran "adb devices" from CMD prompt, and no devices were listed.

So, help, please! I'll find a way to buy a beer for the guy/gal who solves this problem, lol.

OP
F

Finalchrono

Reaction score
You're gonna have to do what I did. If you can get through with verizon to have them replace your phone, then congrats. If not, you're gonna have to see about getting LG to fix the phone. I sent my phone off the LG and they fixed it for free. Only took them about 2 weeks. Much faster than verizon.