1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Phone Advice....Current Thunderbolt User

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by geewiz45, Feb 25, 2013.

1. geewiz45

geewiz45 New Member

I'm due for a new phone in a few days and want some advice on which phone to get. I currently have an HTC Thunderbolt that I've rooted and is running the LiquidSmooth ROM. I like the phone somewhat (it's bulky and has a cracked screen) and love the ROM. If the phone were slightly thinner and didn't have a cracked screen, I wouldn't upgrade at all.

I'm not really concerned with price or having the latest and greatest but I do want a phone and ROM that meets a few requirements -
    -HDMI Out
    -Wi-Fi tethering
    -Decent Speakerphone
    -Hardware that will stand up to at least 1+ year of use
    -4G
    -Rootable and with ROMs to choose from

I've read reviews of different ROMs all over the place and can read general phone reviews until my eyes bleed...But, I can't find any reviews of ROMs and phones together.

Anyone out there want to provide me with some advice or detail their experiences?
  2. WillisD

WillisD New Member

Galaxy s3 is awesome good ROMs too
  3. aaron8646

aaron8646 New Member

Jus got droid RAZR was easy to root and has good ROMs has gorilla glass so won't crack an kevlar on back for drops suprisingly its light. I already bricked it once but found the software to wipe clean an redownload stock os easy. Jus great phone