New person needs speed help

polenz

Reaction score
I've just rooted my phone yesterday and I dl'd the speed test app as well. I had speeds in the 16000 range, now after rooting I'm around the 5000 - 6000 range on the download speed. On the linpack test I'm at 14.65 mflops. I've deleted the bloatware, kindle, amazon etc as well and did a factory reset this morning and the test scores are still considerably low. How do I increase the speed without doing anything too technical? Not running a live wallpaper either and moved all the streaming widgets to the garbage for now. What else can I do to maximize my phone? I may be in a little over my head so any replies should be as specific as possible. Thanks in advance for your help. The biggest thing I'm looking for is browser speed and lack of lag between menus and screens. Thanks again.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You'll want to overclock, then. As for the network speed there's nothing you can do to help that except not using a case, which sometimes will cause a signal degradation.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've just rooted my phone yesterday and I dl'd the speed test app as well. I had speeds in the 16000 range, now after rooting I'm around the 5000 - 6000 range on the download speed. On the linpack test I'm at 14.65 mflops. I've deleted the bloatware, kindle, amazon etc as well and did a factory reset this morning and the test scores are still considerably low. How do I increase the speed without doing anything too technical? Not running a live wallpaper either and moved all the streaming widgets to the garbage for now. What else can I do to maximize my phone? I may be in a little over my head so any replies should be as specific as possible. Thanks in advance for your help. The biggest thing I'm looking for is browser speed and lack of lag between menus and screens. Thanks again.

Downlload Droix X2 Overclock from the Market. You can run your Droid faster with that.

You've don everything else you can do at this point.

droidman101

Reaction score
in my opinion, benchmarks are crap
why?
nexus one, incredible, etc.(basically anything with a snapdragon processor) benchmarks 40+ in linpack, while OMAP benchmarks around 15(even though most of them are faster than the snapdragon)
Dont go by benchmarks, theyre not really reliable

OP
P

polenz

Reaction score
After dling the overclock app what should I set it to? Is it easy enough to figure out?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You'll have to experiment to find out what your Droid X is capable of running at. Some guidelines -- lower voltage usually means better battery life, but not all CPUs can run lower than stock, and bumping voltage might increase stability and top-end speed, buta t the cost of battery life.

Good luck.

citanes-26

Reaction score
Changing launchers, like adw or launcher pro helps with lag, have you looked into the blurless roms like fission or rubix, they are alot snappier

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

citanes-26

Reaction score
Fission final adw 1400 oc for me, 1800s quadrant. If he he's comfortable and makes a backup should be fine. Gotta learn sometime : )

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App