New owner: Upgrading from Centro to Droid 2

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by rlt, Aug 13, 2010.

1. rlt

rlt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello fellow Android users!

I just ordered my Droid 2 last night and am anxiously awaiting my email with shipment verification.

I almost got a Droid X, until I realized it had no keyboard. I need my keyboard as I enter a lot of typed data.

I just saw someone else's signature showed their "smart device" progression and since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery here's my device evolution:

Handspring Visor Deluxe, with keyboard module :)
    Some generic honking big Nokia cell phone.
    LG Chocolate
    Palm Centro

I chose the Droid 2 because I need a better web browser and I like the Google services I use already, so I figured I'd support the efforts of Open Source by talking with my wallet. I also use GNU/Linux on my PC. So I am not looking forward to tranferring all my data from Palm to Android! I wasn't even using Google's Calendar yet.

I look forward to reading more in the forums and keeping up on the latest Android news here at DroidForums.net.

And thanks for the welcome email with mini-orientation.

-rlt

2. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +5
    Welcome to droidfoums rlt. I hope you get your phone soon.

3. mindytyson3

mindytyson3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes welcome! you will find interesting posts on this website! its great! i have learned alot!

i also will get the droid 2! i love the look of it and i to have to have the keyboard and the google apps! i can't lose my google talk because that is the one i use to chat with my husband..ha. love that app!