New owner of the HTC Desire HD

android_newbie

Reaction score
hi veryone, this is my first android phone and i must admit its taking me some time to get the hang of some stuff. the HTC Desire HD is a great looking phone with some incredible features. im a designer by profession and i look for the smallest details and appreciate if the product is both slick in design but at the same time is good in performance.. the biggest issue im having with my HD is with its battery life. it hardly gives me 12 hrs of stand by time. i dont know whether its just my battery or if this is an issue with all these models. would someone please help me out..
thanks

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! most phones have battery issues but a few changes in ur settings will help. be sure to end ur apps when done, if u have advance task killer, uninstall it. there are apps out there that can also help like Juice Defender. however customizing it to ur needs of course. may work for some, others not.
the community is here to assist u if need be

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
A

android_newbie

Reaction score
thanks for replying but need more details

hi, thanks for your reply. i do have advance task cleaner and automatic task killer installed, i was told by someone at htc to download one of the above mentioned and that they would drastically improve my battery life (which it did not). as for ending my applications, how do i go about doing that, some apps have the option of exiting while most dont so how do i deal with the ones that dont? also you mentioned plating with my setting, could you be a little more explicit... thanks again for your help. take care
:blackdroid:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
well ATK will continuously run in the back ground which will drain ur batter. it also kills apps that supposed to run. it is explained below. as for ending apps just hit ur back button to close properly. some apps that do not have an exit msg can be closed by hitting that back button. im sending a few links to help u adjust to ur device

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1201846

New To Android

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
The last option I do suggest, I say last because this method is not for everyone, it is to Root ur phone. Once rooted, u can what we say as Underclock which is to lower ur processor speed to help save on battery usage.
What u should attempt is let ur battery drain till maybe 15% before fully charging. Give it a week or two to let it settle down. Every new device needs some breaking in so u should use ur phone to its fullest and let the battery get its workout.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA