new owner. Calendar and email help?

torokfam

Reaction score
1 How do I set up a non web based email? 2 Is there a calendar that wlll allow me to repeat every third day. My BB had no problem with this but both the droid and gmail do not have this option. I work 24 on 48 off I dont like the idea of typeing in every one for years to come Thanks M
Also to add>>> 3 do i have to use Vcast to move music and pics/viedo can i just move stuff back and fro like I do with my card readrer and digital/game camera?

Last edited:

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey I can't offer too much help but didn't want you to feel as if the site was ignoring you. Just offering a welcome

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1 How do I set up a non web based email? 2 Is there a calendar that wlll allow me to repeat every third day. My BB had no problem with this but both the droid and gmail do not have this option. I work 24 on 48 off I dont like the idea of typeing in every one for years to come Thanks M
Also to add>>> 3 do i have to use Vcast to move music and pics/viedo can i just move stuff back and fro like I do with my card readrer and digital/game camera?

1. You need the email information, such as the IMAP and SMTP server information.
  2. I can't help you with the calendar, as I don't even use a calendar myself.
  3. You can use your card reader. I wouldn't even recommend using VCast at all.

metroplex

Reaction score
1). For an email account, go to Settings -> Accounts -> Add accounts -> Email
You need login info, POP3 and SMTP server info

2). Calendar Pad (free app) blows the stock Calendar away, but is based on the factory calendar info which is pulled from Google Calendar

3). Plug your phone into the USB port of your laptop and access the SD card. Move your video/music that way. I noticed my Droid2 is smart enough to immediately figure out where MP3s are located.

I highly recommend you set up a Google account for Gmail if you intend to use the Droid/Droid2/DroidX/Android - because it works better. You can set up My Maps via Google Maps that allow you to make custom markers for your favorite destinations. Google Calendar is easy to use for setting up reminders (almost like Outlook), and Gmail rocks.

OP
T

torokfam

Reaction score
Thanks for the help and the hello's! Think I have the email figured out.

Metroplex.... do you know if Calendar pad will let me repete every 3rd day as an option? Gmail is great but will not allow this. I have found that the Outlook calendar will allow this. Is there a way to sync the Outlook calendar to the droid if Calendar Pad will not aloow this?

2). Calendar Pad (free app) blows the stock Calendar away, but is based on the factory calendar info which is pulled from Google Calendar

I highly recommend you set up a Google account for Gmail if you intend to use the Droid/Droid2/DroidX/Android - because it works better. You can set up My Maps via Google Maps that allow you to make custom markers for your favorite destinations. Google Calendar is easy to use for setting up reminders (almost like Outlook), and Gmail rocks.

metroplex

Reaction score
Yes you can sync Outlook with Google Calendar, however you can also set up a reminder every 3rd day via Google Calendar.

Create a new event, edit details, click on the REPEAT box, Repeats DAILY, Repeat Every 3 days, etc...

I don't use Google Calendar for all my reminders, I use Outlook and some of it is private info so I don't want it on the clouds. I use Google Calendar for less private reminders that I need to see at work/on the road. It automatically syncs with the phone too ala BlackBerry Enterprise managed systems and Outlook.

OP
T

torokfam

Reaction score
I dont see a option for every 3rd or 4thh day to repete an item. I do see every monday etc but this wont work. Ill look again. How do you sync Outlook with your phone

metroplex

Reaction score
It's there. Repeat DAILY. It's the first choice in the drop down box. Then select Repeat Every X days.

You don't sync Outlook with the Droid. You sync Outlook with Google Calendar, which syncs with your phone's Google Calendar. Calendar Pad just gives you a much better version of the Droid calendar on the phone.

Bottom line up front: You can set a reminder for every 3rd day on Google Calendar, which will auto sync with the Calendar on your phone.

OP
T

torokfam

Reaction score
ok I got it thanks. Took me a week to get that. This change from BB is going to be hard. Now does the callendar sync on its own or can I do something to force it after I add an event....Mike

OP
T

torokfam

Reaction score
Got to love that! Thanks for helping out a fellow Michigander form NE MI....Mike

metroplex

Reaction score
Not a problem Mike! I came from a BB as well, and the Droid2 blows away iPhone/BB without a doubt.

The Google Maps is where Droid really shines... It blows away Garmin/Tom Tom units easily. I use Google My Maps to plot custom landmarks/attractions for my itineraries and it is very seamless. Gmail contacts also automatically sync.

OP
T

torokfam

Reaction score
Well I got the callendar all put in on gmail about 2 hours ago, but it still has not showed up on my phone. Things that I put in the phone 2 days ago are now on the puter but things from the puter are not on the phone?