new OTA update will not install

rjcapp

Reaction score
I received the new ota and it will not install. After the reboot about 1/3 of the way in it bombs and I get the android guy with a red triangle with ! Inside. any help would be greatly appreciated. Unlocked and rooted.

Reaction score
Ahh a thread with just my problem..I'm with you guys on this one..I got the notification for the update..its just not installing..smh

jxu101

Reaction score
Just did some research on my own and turns out we need to be on stock recovery. So I'm just going to flash the build from droid-life over CWM instead of reflashing the stock recovery.

droid_mike

Reaction score
Just did some research on my own and turns out we need to be on stock recovery. So I'm just going to flash the build from droid-life over CWM instead of reflashing the stock recovery.

Can you translate that into english? I rooted with WUG's tool, and didn't do anything else, so it's still stock. Do I just need to get rid of root either using OTA Rootkeeper or WUG's tool, or do I need to do anything more. What does "Stock recovery" mean and what does CWM mean? Sorry for the newbie questions.

jxu101

Reaction score
Stock recovery is just the stock, out-of-the-box recovery. I am using ClockworkMod Recovery from ROM Manager, and I'm unfamiliar with WUG's tool. No, you don't need to get rid of root.

OP
R

rjcapp

Reaction score
I decided to go back to stock, locked / unroot by using the following link:

-Unbrick, Unroot, Relock, Restore your Galaxy Nexus to Factory

This is a bit confusing but I figured it out. Once I got it back to stock I went into the market and updated the google apps figuring they mat need to be current, not sure.

Went back in and checked for updates. Followed: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...ust-forced-ota-update-my-phone-heres-how.html to force the update..... The OTA downloaded and installed successfully this time.