1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New OS and making it a disk?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by evan2001, Mar 31, 2012.

1. evan2001

evan2001 New Member

I have not tried to connect my tablet to my pc since the last OS update. But now I can't seem to get it to show up as a disk? I checked in setting and don't see anything.

Any help?

Evan

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  2. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

Does it at least charge when you plug it into the computer? What type of cord are you using? Some cords are only for charging and some do both charging and data transfer. Do you have the default set to "charge only"? Sorry for all the basic questions but we need to eliminate all the simple stuff first.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.
  3. evan2001

evan2001 New Member

It charges.with the old OS when I plunged it in it would say something like... Do u want connect as a drive?

With this OS it says nothing.

R

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  4. LoudRam

If it's set to charge as a default setting it won't ask you anything. It will just charge when you plug it in. At least that's how my phone works.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.
  5. tjb90291

tjb90291 New Member

Go to settings go to connect to pc and you can change your default connection type from there

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2
  6. PereDroid

PereDroid Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as a data-only USB cable. Any USB cable will do both.
  7. LoudRam

I have a USB cord that came with a cheap charger I bought in a pinch that will only charge. It won't do data. It's only two conductors. It may not be a true USB but I wrote my post so the avgerage person can understand that there are two kinds off cords available when you buy a charger. I don't expect everyone to have the same technical knowledge that I have.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums
  8. LoudRam

This is a true USB cord. But there are ones that don't have all these conductors. They only have the 5v conductors hooked up not the data conductors.

ForumRunner_20120511_110137.png

9. PereDroid

Well I still disagree.
    I am not bragging about my technical knowledge either but I was around when USB was invented. If something is labeled USB it has to meet a certain standard in order to be classified as USB. It is an INDUSTRY standard. It must meet certain requirements or it cannot legally be classified as USB. In over 15 years of being in the IT field I personally have never seen a USB cable that didn't do both. As I said: if there was such a cable it CANNOT be called USB.
    A Universal Serial Bus cable MUST provide power and data or it is not USB. Fact.

http://www.usb.org/home/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus

USB was designed to standardize the connection of computer peripherals, such as keyboards, pointing devices, digital cameras, printers, portable media players, disk drives and network adapters to personal computers, both to communicate and to supply electric power
  10. PereDroid

What CAN happen if a USB cable does NOT supply power is that the port you connected it to does not supply power. This is possible and is not a fault of the cable.
  11. LoudRam

I think we're talking about two different animals here. The cables I'm talking about come with the cheap phone chargers. They have a micro USB on one end and a regular USB on the other. When I use it to plug into my computer it doesn't give me the option to connect as a drive like my OEM cable does. It isn't a true micro USB cable. It's only used for charging.

Search tags for this page
driver mode incredible android
driving mode on incredible 4
droid incredible 2 by htc drivemode location

droid incredible 2 driving mode

droid incredible driving mode

htc droid incredible 2 driving mode

htc incredible 2 disk drive
incredible 2 driving mode

where is disk drive on droid incredible 2 os x