New or old hummingbird cpu?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by biggles, May 2, 2011.

1. biggles

biggles New Member

I was just wondering if the Droid Charge uses the exact same cpu as the Samsung Fascinate. Because I read somewhere that it is a second generation hummingbird cpu.
  2. dannar

dannar New Member

I asked about this in a post some time ago; nobody answered then either.

I think nobody really knows. I saw one forum post here that hinted at it being the old one.

Personally, if there was something new and improved about it, it would have been advertised. You don't go frontin' with negative specs, and nothing has been said.

Conclusion? It's the fascinate's core.
  3. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

Phonescoop says 1Ghz Hummingbird Cortex A8 on the Fascinate and only says 1Ghz Hummingbird for the Droid Charge.
  4. crspyjohn

crspyjohn New Member

I think I saw a review that said it's the old hummingbird, same as the one int he Fascinate
  5. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

Its unfortunate, given that the Galaxy S2 is coming "soon" with the new Hummingbird Dual Core 1.2Ghz and your choice of 16GB or 32GB INTERNAL storage, of course this is samsung so that could very well be a microsd card soldered into place vs the Droid X that had 8GB (after format somewhere north of 6GB) you could actually store apps etc on.

Honestly I have to say, remove bloatware, get a custom ROM and Kernel and voila we have a much nicer Charge than Verizon chose to spec for us. The upside is if Fascinate devs can build stuff that works on it or if they will jump on it as well.
  6. brockeverly

brockeverly New Member

I spoke with my Samsung rep about this this afternoon. He stated that it is "both". It is the old Hummingbird processor, but it is "different". He rattled off the name, however, I did not catch it or the difference in the two as my store got busy while speaking with him. Bear in mind that my manufacturer reps are not always on the money, so take it with a grain of salt.
  7. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

somehow I am not buying it as a "new" hummingbird cpu. If it was that would be something Samsung would tout wouldn't they. HTC touted the next Gene Snapdragon CPU as an upgrade.
Search tags for this page

how old is the hummingbird processor

samsung charge hummingbird