New one touch root works great. Can't get tether to work.

Fuell

Reaction score
I successfully rooted my Droid Incredible tonight then installed Wireless Tether. My laptop and Ipad see the SSID but get only an IP address of
169.254.2.xxx. This of course will not connect to the internet.

Can anyone tell me what I may doing wrong? All of the videos I see look so simple. Just activate the tether and go.

**I should also add that I have put an "android.tether" folder on my SDcard and put the fw_bcm4329.bin file inside.

Last edited:

chriszuma

Reaction score
Bump

I'm having the same problem. I don't know what you're talking about with the folder, but I can't get any PC to obtain an IP address, with any tethering app or native hotspot.

HELP!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is an updated wireless tether. Google "WiFi Tether Beta" and you should find the apk from either droid life or the devs site. I'm on the run or else I'd link ya. Once you install, just opeb up settings, select your device (or choose generic if not there) and try it.

chriszuma

Reaction score
There is an updated wireless tether. Google "WiFi Tether Beta" and you should find the apk from either droid life or the devs site. I'm on the run or else I'd link ya. Once you install, just opeb up settings, select your device (or choose generic if not there) and try it.

If this is the one you're talking about:

android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

then I tried it already, and it had the same behavior. The Droid 3 is not listed in its options, so I tried Generic, Auto, and all the other Droid variants to no avail.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup thats it. Not sure then. Lets see if someone else can chime in.

louy99

Reaction score
I successfully rooted my Droid Incredible tonight then installed Wireless Tether. My laptop and Ipad see the SSID but get only an IP address of
169.254.2.xxx. This of course will not connect to the internet.

Can anyone tell me what I may doing wrong? All of the videos I see look so simple. Just activate the tether and go.

**I should also add that I have put an "android.tether" folder on my SDcard and put the fw_bcm4329.bin file inside.

R u still on froyo or the new gingerbread?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums