[NEW on MARKET] Noreve leather vertical flip case for Droid

KromaXamorK

Reaction score
How about a review on this case. That would be fantastic. How does the flap work when calling...is it uncomfortable or awkward when on a phone call? or how about when typing on the phone?
Just annoying if you have a headphone plugged in.

It almost looks like the back flap section would rotate on that screw post; is that possible? It also looks pretty thick. Hmmmmm...

Thanks for the pile of photos, though. That was very thorough.
You have one screw for the belt clip and you can remove it and an other flat one if you want wearing your phone in a pocket.
The flip doesn't rotate.

P_McNeal

Reaction score
In thinking more about it, these are puzzling me:

-You mentioned the camera being obscured by the back flap already; that's awkward.
-The back speaker wire cover looks almost 50% covered, which seems like it would be hard to hear music/notifications.
-There's an ear hole opening (lint catcher), but it's not like you can use it, since the microphone hole is covered (so, car voice commands are impossible).
-The notification LED is covered.

Not sure if they're dealbreakers, but they're not well thought out.

KromaXamorK

Reaction score
- Just when the case is close.
- Cover in 20-25%, no problem to hear at the same volume.
- In Europe we don't have voice command it doesn't bothered us. :D
- Ok with you I forgot to mention that.

Mark0

Reaction score
Just received mine today.
I'm very favorable impressed by the build quality and its slimsize when fitted around the phone. A beautiful couple indeed. The leather smell very good too! :)

One thing a didn't like much is the belt clip. I mean, the plastic piece that goes on the belt, really. The metal piece on the case instead is nice and small. But, when locked in place, I noticed that you can take it out pulling up and pushing it a bit. Maybe it will never unlock accidentally, but it give me some concern.

So I ended up using a ProPorta belt clip I had around, from an Alu-Leather case for an old Asus 636n. Truth to be told, I was ready to buy another ProPorta case when I bought the Milestone, because the Alu-Leather one was really exceptional: it have 5 years now, and it's still perfect, like new.
Unfortunately ProPorta haven't yet one for the Milestone, so I bought this from Noreve witch also seem a great product.

But keep an eye on ProPorta site: if/when they'll present a suitable case, I'm sure it will be top notch!

MikeFL25

Reaction score
I am pretty pissed. I ordered my case over a month ago and still don't. Have it. I have called and emailed Noreve several times and gotten no respone. I know I will be happy with the case but the company itself is really dropping the ball.

Mark0

Reaction score
Here's the new Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather Case for the Droid:

2yn42uc.jpg

(not yet available)

P_McNeal

Reaction score
Seeing that the Proporta case is just a leather flap-around connected to a bottom hard case (like the $15 one I got at a mall kiosk), I may just try to fashion my own leather flap-around bit and hook it to my own case. And if I do, it will have a cutout for the notification light!

Big Ry

Reaction score
i got a question about either this thread's case or the above mentioned aluminum/leather case:

do these cases "snap" on the phone? or does the phone slide in / case stretch to fit phone? i ask because i currently am using the moto droid specific GPS suction mount case that Verizon sells in their store. the plastic pieces snap on the back and front, and theyre a f***in PITA to get off!! i have the media dock that i use every night. in order to get the case of i have to pry at it (risking snapping the screen off the the rest of the phone) or release it with a knife (scratching the phone). i cant take it. i like leather cases, but if i cant get the phone out very easily, i dont want it.

jdavis34

Reaction score
I'm just curious to see if anyone as encountered any trouble with Noreve lately. Their US supplier or bank just filed for bankruptcy and supposedly when I ordered through their website my money went straight to the company that filed for bankruptcy. Noreve said they were never paid for my order so I won't be getting a case unless I pay again. In the process of talking with my bank about it now I just wanted to hear feedback from anyone else dealing with the same issue.

OP
kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I finally received my Noreve case mid-February and after 3 weeks use, I am very satisfied with it. The phone is seated into what looks like a leather clad metal case and is held in place by two clips - one at the top and the other at the bottom. These hold the phone firmly, but also makes putting the phone in and other of the case very easy. The flap piece is attached to the case about a third of the way down the back and opens and closes in a fluid motion. I can open the keyboard with no interference.

PROS
  • It does not add much bulk to the phone
  • Front cover is easy to flick up and back when I need to answer the phone.
  • It makes the phone easy to hold and as the flap goes up and backwards, if you ever let go of the phone, for any reason, the top flap catches on your hand and prevents the phone from dropping (happened to me last week - when holding it with thick gloves on.)
  • The back flap can be used as a stand to prop the phone up vertical when needed.

CONS
  • The case does cover the noise cancelling microphone at the back, but to be honest I have not noticed any difference to call quality.
  • Having to fold the flap out of the way to use the camera is a bit annoying , but only use the camera occasionally.

:sad: The bad news is that received an email from Noreve late February, stating that the US division is closing down and that you have to order all products from the parent firm in France going forward. Supposedly, they will continue to honor the warranty.

I'm just curious to see if anyone as encountered any trouble with Noreve lately. Their US supplier or bank just filed for bankruptcy and supposedly when I ordered through their website my money went straight to the company that filed for bankruptcy. Noreve said they were never paid for my order so I won't be getting a case unless I pay again.

That really sucks!! Hopefully, if you paid with a credit card, you can dispute the charges. I was lucky in that I received mine before they went belly up!!

Hanoverfiste

Reaction score
Not to thread jack but if people are having trouble with this company perhaps they should try http://www.krusell.se/product/3928 this is the Orbit Flex for the Droid by Krusell I have used these cases for most of the phones I have owned and they are fantastic. Just ordered mine and am looking forward to getting it.

Mark0

Reaction score
A note about the Noreve case. One minus is that it attenuate the GPS signals.
The Droid / Milestone by itself is exceptional at receiving the satellites signals, as it usually get a fix in an instant even inside my house (and not just the 1st floor, but even at gronudfloor!). However, if it's inside the case, it's barely able to get and mantain a fix on the 1st floor.

Outside, instead, there are usually no great differences, so it's not much of a problem.

Bye!