New OMAP 4 Series: Make or Break

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by CSmith_AndroidD, Jul 13, 2010.

1. CSmith_AndroidD

Ratings:
    +0
    So with the new OMAP 4-Series (Dual-Core, with more than 1 GHz), there are gonna be some good phones coming out. But the new X is coming out THIS thursday.

Who is gonna wait and whos gonna go all out this Thurs.

Tell why! :)

2. Googleaddict

Googleaddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im going to wait. If i get the X now there will end up being a phone twice as great coming out by Christmas. Which will be the Droid Pro.

3. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,934
    No to X yes to Pro

4. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +123
    Droid Pro all the way, it's the phone to end all phones (IF, IFFFFF the bootloader isn't locked, damn you Moto listen to me FOR THE LOVE OF CUSTOMIZATION!!22@!@!

5. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i will definitely wait (and possibly get an htc, unless the droid pro is just amazing)
    i dont see why they would even want to lock it. it does no harm if we rom and theme are phone, so they might as well just let it happen. (its not like jailbreaking an iphone so you can get cracked apps, it does no one any harm (it makes us want their phone more..))

6. Googleaddict

Googleaddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I REALLY hope that the Pro will not have a locked bootloader....

7. CSmith_AndroidD

Ratings:
    +0
    I mean you say that now but... next year they'll have something better. And that will always be true. You just have to settle eventually. For now? Upgrading Eris > X is more than enough, and ill upgrade 2 years from now. or one... idk which. Ya know?

8. lockman

lockman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No X for me. My Droid makes me very happy. Now the Pro might tempt me. But, honestly, I might keep my current phone as long as possible, just because it's so damn durable.

9. jimmy3299

jimmy3299 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm going to wait since my new every two is up in September and x isn't that much greater than Droid after Droid has been hacked

10. iPirate

iPirate Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wait held off on the Droid in Nov 09 and im still holding off for the next best phone.

11. CSmith_AndroidD

Ratings:
    +0
    I just dont get waiting... There will ALWAYS be a better device, but you gotta get one of em right?

12. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +123
    Yea but this rapid acceleration in mobile technology that we've seen in the last 3 years is about to hit a roadblock, and the DroidPro is going to be very close to that block. The issue is a lack in progress in battery technology...it just isn't there to support hardware any more advanced than what the DroidPro can provide. Even on 45nm technology I don't think you're going to get past 2ghz for quite some time without some new battery tech. No freakin' way...

The DroidPro won't last forever, but I think it will be a super powerful phone for a much longer period of time than the typical phone at this point. There just isn't anything out there to push hardware specs past what is about to be offered.

I'd bet big money that the Pro will be around for quite a long while, much longer than we're used too anyway.

Search tags for this page

omap jobs denverco