New note, Picasa permission

oakvad

Reaction score
Ok I've had my note 4 for 5 days now and love it more than life so far. But this stupid notification keeps popping up asking for Gmail to sign into Picasa, I never have or will sign up for it and have tried everything to make it stop, please help!
uploadfromtaptalk1424835858349.png

Spikes Joubert

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note4
In settings go to accounts press and hold your Gmail account from the options the pop up deselect sync to picassa. It is however a very good idea to save your pictures to a cloud repository as well as to the sd card

OP
oakvad

oakvad

Reaction score
Thank you very much, and I refuse to use a cloud thanks! I can back up to my computer

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want an easier way to offload your photos and videos,a popular method is using a cable commonly called "otg", which stands for on the go, cable. With it you can plug a flash drive or card reader/card combo and offload that way.
If you want to use that method you plug the card reader or flash drive into the otg cable, then plug the cable into the phone charge port which will open My Files app on the phone. Choose the photos you want to move or copy and paste them to "usb" that shows up as a choice. Once done simply drag down your notification bar and tap the symbol showing the cable is attached, a couple seconds later a pop up will state it's ok to unplug the cable.
I've seen otg cables on eBay for as little as $1, I paid $3, shipping included, for mine on Amazon and have been using it on my phones and tablets, including the Note4, since the first nexus tablet came out.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
oakvad

oakvad

Reaction score
Thanks spikes, that's just what the Dr ordered. No more anoying pop up, and thanks for that info mountainbikermark