New Note 2 Battery life not impressive

OP
J

jbrianchamberlin

Reaction score
For what it's worth I think it was a weather widget and gps that was running my battery down, even though neither showed to be eating a lot of battery in the monitoring app. Too bad ... those were cool gadgets.

Brewer00psd

Reaction score
Gps and navigation hit your battery hard. I keep mine plugged in when using those. Here sre a couple screen shots showing the previously mentioned app.
Pretty cool app.
Matt

uploadfromtaptalk1362435294626.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1362435338942.jpg

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Drew_P

Reaction score
I think these screen shots speak highly of the battery. Could've never dreamed of doing this with my thunderbolt.

ForumRunner_20130324_163726.png

ForumRunner_20130324_163735.png

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
Is it ok to let the battery completely discharge before charging? Should I charge with the phone off a couple of times?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forum Runner

blowabs

Reaction score
not good for the battery to do that. Let it go down to 5% and charge up to 100%, uninterupted [with phone off]. 3x should do the trick to get it primed for its life.

srvctec

Reaction score
Is it ok to let the battery completely discharge before charging? Should I charge with the phone off a couple of times?

For the best and most detailed battery info in one place on the internet, go here: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

I found this site 6 or 8 years ago and there is more information than you will ever need about every kind of battery made.

Sent from my Samsung GT 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
not good for the battery to do that. Let it go down to 5% and charge up to 100%, uninterupted [with phone off]. 3x should do the trick to get it primed for its life.

Thank you!!

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score

kdw11005

Reaction score
I had a moto razr maxx, upgraded to a galaxy S3 a few days ago and not happy at all with the call quality or battery life. I'm considering the Note2 (since I'm within the 14 day trade in)...I've heard a lot of good reviews on this phone. I have heard the back cover is pretty flimsy, does it break easily? Any other pros or cons to the Note 2?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I had a moto razr maxx, upgraded to a galaxy S3 a few days ago and not happy at all with the call quality or battery life. I'm considering the Note2 (since I'm within the 14 day trade in)...I've heard a lot of good reviews on this phone. I have heard the back cover is pretty flimsy, does it break easily? Any other pros or cons to the Note 2?

I've not found any negatives about this phone.. Maybe too large for some people would be only complaint... I think the size is right.. Battery cover is thin but I've removed it plenty of times with no issues..at the beginning when you first get phone you tend to baby it.. Then you will see it's sturdy off/on.. I even bought a carbon fiber black replacement for looks... Battery is top notch..

One example.. 22+ hrs with 6:30 screen time yesterday.. I use the phone..

Noted2x..

blowabs

Reaction score
I DID THE SAME! ...I cant wait for the gn3 to be 6"... :) you will never be upset you got the gn2. ....with the Anker Direct 6200 mAh batt on Amazon, I get 2(+) days !!!!!!!!!

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Have to Say it is an Improvement from my S3 which was pretty good. I have been averaging about 1Day, 10hrs with about 15% left according GSam from a Full Charge. I was getting about 1 Day out of my S3. Getting a 1/2 day more with life to spare is wonderful. Plus its faster & Bigger screen.

xtor

Reaction score
My razr would have been dead 5 hrs ago, this is my first charge on my new note

ForumRunner_20130425_214345.png

wardo

Reaction score
Yes drain battery to1 15% or less before charging to 100%