New Note 2 Battery life not impressive

Drew_P

Reaction score
You might have a rogue app draining the battery. Mine lasts all day with close to 50% by the time I get home. One day I t tried my hardest to kill it and after a 20 hour day I still had 15% left with 7 hours of screen time. I really hope you find out what it is. ..

srvctec

Reaction score
You could check in Menu>Settings>Battery to see what is using most of your battery.

For a much more detailed view of what's happening, install GSam Battery Monitor from Play store. There is a free version. It will show exactly what apps or processes are sucking the life out of your battery.

Sent from my Samsung GT 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Fringe reception area's will also smoke a battery pretty fast. But yea, this phone should last for dang ever right outta the box!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
keep a spare battery and charger at work. Swap them when to get ready to go home.
You'll never run out of juice.

Ed270

Reaction score
Came from the Maxx as well. It will last me from 5am-10pm with heavy use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jseah

Reaction score
One app that I know kills the battery is Words With Friends. I get up every morning and unplug my phone from the charger at 6:30. With my normal usage, by the time I go to bed around midnight or 1 am, the battery level will be at around 30 percent. However, if I am going back and forth with my wife on Words With Friends for that day, the battery will hit 30 percent around 7 or 8 pm.

huskur

Reaction score
My Note 2 goes all day also. I start at 100% in the morning and at 40-50% at night when it goes on the charger and that is with EVERYTHING synced. 4 Email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, Engadget and BW.

OP
J

jbrianchamberlin

Reaction score
Yeah that words with friends is always showing up in the notification window.

OP
J

jbrianchamberlin

Reaction score
One thing I noticed is that this battery takes forever to charge. Has anyone else found this to be true?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It should only charge slower if you're using a charger that is not the original one..

⚡Take Note2 BK's here.. ⚡

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
It shouldn't take very long at all to fully charge your battery if you are using a 2A Battery Charger (The one that it came with) Also want to make sure you have a proper cable that allows for that much power to go through. Not all USB Data/Sync cords charge at the fast pace with the 2A charger.