New Nightly's for 3.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid Forums is a privately owned forum and we can take action if the content of your post goes against the Forum Guidelines, as far as BD/UD goes, if you wish to criticize him or his team in a negative way do it on his forum - it will not be tolerated on D/F

...and there are no rats here, this is not a school yard - the D/F Mod Team is the best in the biz and we are always watching

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
wow i love how people LOVE honesty and freedom of speech here....

and are you really gonna ban a person for one little bit of crit?

i didn't go around saying how horrible something is after all. i didn't go saying how crappy the rom is because it isn't crappy at all. in fact i have it installed right now and waiting on new themes for 3.0.1. did i break any of the guide lines? no i didn't. i didnt crit them on their work or their team. i crited them on their fee for a DEMO to a rom. the nightlies really are in of itself a kind of demo and to charge for a demo is kinda dumb. thats all i was saying. yet youre taking it like i was saying some horrible racial slur against them.

Last edited:

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
they cant do antyhing to me its freedom of the press and speech. they cant ban me for speaking my mind.

yes they can, you can be banned or I can delete it. FYI. We charge bc we can. If you notice our paid service is not on DF, thats straight through us. its a paid service so some money constantly comes to pay server fees. its a tiny amount.

And whats funny is i dont here anyone complaining about CM nightlies being a pain rom if you use rom manager. have to pay to get it through there. otherwise you would have to dig through there forum for a download link if it wasnt posted on df already. liquid now charges for nightlies.

We as devs can charge for anything we want to, but we didnt bc releases should be free. But what we pay in server fees and other costs, nightlies are something extra we dont need to do that in return people subscribe for and help pay our costs. dont want a nightly charge, then we will stop making nightlies. very easy concept. dont need to waste the extra time making nightlies for no reason. takes alot of time to make sure each build each night is stable for the most part.

community is one thing but making a few dollars and cover costs is another. not gonna keep doing something if im losing money money and not bringing any in. if you cant pay the $2 for a month of nightlies then you shouldnt have a droid honestly. we made it low so it covers costs, not to make us millions.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
are you gonna be the one to rat me out? considering ur the one warning me i can only assume ull be the one to do the tattle telling?

Na. I've only been here a lil while and I've already seen it happen more then once. Was just trying to help u out.

Sent from my GB Incredible

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
they cant do antyhing to me its freedom of the press and speech. they cant ban me for speaking my mind.

yes they can, you can be banned or I can delete it. FYI. We charge bc we can. If you notice our paid service is not on DF, thats straight through us. its a paid service so some money constantly comes to pay server fees. its a tiny amount.

And whats funny is i dont here anyone complaining about CM nightlies being a pain rom if you use rom manager. have to pay to get it through there. otherwise you would have to dig through there forum for a download link if it wasnt posted on df already. liquid now charges for nightlies.

We as devs can charge for anything we want to, but we didnt bc releases should be free. But what we pay in server fees and other costs, nightlies are something extra we dont need to do that in return people subscribe for and help pay our costs. dont want a nightly charge, then we will stop making nightlies. very easy concept. dont need to waste the extra time making nightlies for no reason. takes alot of time to make sure each build each night is stable for the most part.

community is one thing but making a few dollars and cover costs is another. not gonna keep doing something if im losing money money and not bringing any in. if you cant pay the $2 for a month of nightlies then you shouldnt have a droid honestly. we made it low so it covers costs, not to make us millions.

paying for the rom manager premium is a one time fee....firstly...its not monthly so its infinitely less expensive? secondly if you wish to charge than charge im not telling you NOT to. was i saying you cant or shouldnt? no i just said i thought it was dumb to charge for the nightlies. if you have a premium service option add more to it is all im trying to say. what else does the 3$ get the users is the question here besides getting to download half broken still being tested demo versions of the official releases.

and i'd gladly pay for it if i had the money to do that lol. but in this day in age where money is nearly impossible to get for most people even a few dollars can mean life and death lol.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

You might want to read http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...06774-guidelines-conduct-droidforums-net.html

Please Note: This is a privately owned forum. We, The Owners and the Moderating Team, reserve the right to accept or decline your membership application, so you are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation. We reserve the right to declare what is suitable and what is not on DroidForums.net.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

paying for the rom manager premium is a one time fee....firstly...its not monthly so its infinitely less expensive? secondly if you wish to charge than charge im not telling you NOT to. was i saying you cant or shouldnt? no i just said i thought it was dumb to charge for the nightlies. if you have a premium service option add more to it is all im trying to say. what else does the 3$ get the users is the question here besides getting to download half broken still being tested demo versions of the official releases.

and i'd gladly pay for it if i had the money to do that lol. but in this day in age where money is nearly impossible to get for most people even a few dollars can mean life and death lol.

i agree on the money being hard to come by. so thats y we do nightlies, we pay alot of $$ for a high speed server and everything involved in UD. We are adding more stuff to server and upgrading currently too. Costs are expensive for this stuff but want to make sure we have our own site to always have everything in one spot. adding a legit bugzilla service too :)

Im tired of the complaining about the nightlies. we dont need to offer anything more. plenty of people subscribe and never complain that $2 is too much just for nightlies and we should offer more. just a prem service to cover server fee's and most people understand and are ok with that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, I really didn't want to shut down this thread but there's too much arguing going on about too many things. Sorry, RafficaX this had nothing to do with you. Infractions have been issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.