New NFL Mobile app Available!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no did not ask why there were 2 i can ask i still have her looking stuff up for me.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Is it just called "NFL Mobile" because that's the only one showing up for me under Verizon and it's the one I have installed =\

JDungan69

Reaction score
I just installed it and it said that to watch the videos it says that A vcast subscription is needed. That would be $10 a month. According to the VZ rep the VCast subscription is needed to use the premium features of the app.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok its free just like the old app. The reason they did not get rid of the old app, is some of the older android devices and some customers actually preferres the older style. Well if they pushed an update then people who needed the older version could not go back. The new nfl live is just an update to improve ui but made it a separate app so people can compare and decide which one they wanted.
That was according to tech support, and as she said (to confirm what the other rep said) they legally could not charge someone through fine print. It would have to clearly say monthly subscription and you would have to agree to it.

SO its free, they plan on keeping unlimited data plans.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its free until 9/1 where u may have to pay for certain features

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to watch sunday and thursady night games on here is 10 bucks a month

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i say keep both apps or atleast pull the apk of the old app in case

Varking

Reaction score
Doesn't Vcast require a subscription as well though? And this means to stream any of the Sunday night or Thursday night games, or NFL Network we will have to pay 10 bucks a month?

OP
Droid101

Droid101

Reaction score
Doesn't Vcast require a subscription as well though? And this means to stream any of the Sunday night or Thursday night games, or NFL Network we will have to pay 10 bucks a month?

Yes for the new one it says in fine print on the site it is free until 9/1 then after that you will have to pay 10 dollar vcast subscription fee to view video content but I think on the older NFL app I believe it will stay free. Thats why I am keeping both:icon_ banana:

EM0112

Reaction score
I'm trying to view the NFL network on this app but it keeps telling me (ERROR: you appear to be roaming. to avoid excess roaming charges video has been disabled) so i turned off my roaming and its telling me the same error massage. what the heck is going on? i had the old NFL app but lost it does anyone still have it and share it so i could have it? Thanks

Varking

Reaction score

Yes for the new one it says in fine print on the site it is free until 9/1 then after that you will have to pay 10 dollar vcast subscription fee to view video content but I think on the older NFL app I believe it will stay free. Thats why I am keeping both:icon_ banana:
I mean, will I have to pay a subscription for VCAST, and then another monthly fee for the NFL Video? Or I just need VCAST?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well the original one, I cant find nfl network live, just videos.

And what was said when this was first released some months ago, was that the first year was free then a $15 I think charge, or maybe $20 for the next season.

The new one definitely looks more polished.. I just dont like that little "V" for VCast pop up before it starts a feed.

And with the original, you got Thursday night and Sunday night games free to watch.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I mean, will I have to pay a subscription for VCAST, and then another monthly fee for the NFL Video? Or I just need VCAST?

when u pay for vcast subscription you get to view nfl live content, atleast that is how i am reading it.

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/nfl/Site.aspx#/home