New Nexus lose of connection.

dfxmadness

Reaction score
Well I went and got my self a nexus on Verizon's network and cannot even connect to 4g. It is either a spotty 3g that also disconnects,1x or nothing. This was the last one the brick and morter store had and none of the stores around here have the nexus.
I still have the bionic and that always had a blue colored 4g connection at work. I get a blue 3g,white or 1x with this nexus which was made in Korea.
I would get the GSM version from Google but T-Mobile and sprint and at&t don't have good service around here.
I am wondering if I should root it and all the other stuff or just see about getting a new one from Verizon. It didn't have 4.0.4 on it out of the package. Would newer ones have it out of the package? Also what can I do about the signal being so crappy?

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
You could have a bad device. You could either do two things....1) you could root and try different radios to see if they help 2) try to get a replacement sent to you.

OP
D

dfxmadness

Reaction score
Well I called VZW, and got it all straightened out. Connected to 4g right now at home and has been connected for a couple hours now. She did do a bunch on her end T1 tech support. She did say that she does see that my phone did do alot of disconnects and had a bunch of disconnect issues by going to 3g, no service and 1x.
So she is sending me another phone to try out(just incase the issues come back) Should be here in a couple days.

OP
D

dfxmadness

Reaction score
Well on the drive from home to work it went to 3g with no issues back to 4g. Working good.

OP
D

dfxmadness

Reaction score
Well except I still see them arrows going up and down in the 4g bars which are full by the way.