New Nexus Details: Both Versions Might Feature USB Type-C, Front Speakers & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-drop-shadow-logo.png

We have a pretty intriguing new Nexus leak to share with you guys on this fine "hump" day. Supposedly, both the LG-made and the Huawei-made Nexus devices are going to include some of the same new features. According to @OnLeaks, both devices will include the new USB Type-C connector and fingerprint sensor.

This would hardly be news because we have heard these rumors previously; however, the leaked intel also revealed that both devices should feature front facing stereo speakers and a metal body. That's something we haven't heard before regarding the LG Nexus. The source of this intel even shared the dimensions of both devices:
  • LG Nexus = 146.9x72.9x8/9.8mm, 5.2" Screen
  • Huawei Nexus = 159.4x78.3x6.6/8.5mm, 5.7" Screen
Ultimately, the new Nexus generation is shaping up to be quite the forward-thinking pair of smartphones. We can't wait to see the final reveal for these devices!

Source: Twitter, 2

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I really need to get my hands on one of these devices with front facing speakers. I hear it's wonderful and I can only imagine as I cup my hand just right while holding my phone to play games, videos, and music.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really need to get my hands on one of these devices with front facing speakers. I hear it's wonderful and I can only imagine as I cup my hand just right while holding my phone to play games, videos, and music.
Yeah... My SO/GF has an HTC One M7 and now refuses to look at any smartphone that doesn't have the front facing speakers. If you like to listen to music on your phone without having to carry around headphones or mobile speakers, it really is the way to go.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I think it'd be great just for the occasional youtube video and I do a fair amount of casual gaming from time to time, but I feel like I have to turn it up to kinda blast everyone else just so I can barely hear it in some situations so I end up turning the volume down completely on games and saving videos until I'm not around people who'll be annoyed by it.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That would definitely be a plus when I'm navigating, but not using my phone for music, but that only happens in the wife's car now.