New Motorola Droid Update Available

p1ngputts

Reaction score

gavinsnana

Reaction score
I got the update about a week ago. It has been working just fine. And yes, battery life seems to be much better.

r314bd

Reaction score
screenshot.jpg

Hmm, that doesn't look different at all to me. I was hoping it would look like the D2G's weather widget but now I'm not in a rush to get this update

PikaCane

Reaction score
So is anyone in here old enough to remember the days when your entire PC was command-line driven, and there was no "Windows" as we think of it these days?

You'd boot the PC and the only thing you would see was this:

C:\>

Still have one that boots. Tandy ftw!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

griz8791

Reaction score
Anyone have any info or screenshots of this new gmail interface? Is it different from the last gmail interface we got through the Market?

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
A bunch of people have this update. I got it pushed to my phone over a week ago.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/99268-motorola-droid-receiving-update-xmas.html

lets see a screen shot of your build number in about phone

Some people just don't have any faith. :icon_rolleyes:

screenshot_1.jpg

screenshot_1.jpg

And yes, I changed the kernel.
Thats not the newest update. Thats 2.2.1 frg83d.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using DroidForums App

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i cant edit my post so sorry for double post, but the link you provided shows the the update should read 2.3, now i could be confused but i have seen roms that are frg83d floating around,im pretty sure i read that the update should be frg83. kinda confused but oh well.

Eitel

Reaction score
i cant edit my post so sorry for double post, but the link you provided shows the the update should read 2.3, now i could be confused but i have seen roms that are frg83d floating around,im pretty sure i read that the update should be frg83. kinda confused but oh well.

Errrr, The Droid X is the one getting update 2.3. We're just getting FRG83D.

And yes, FRG83 was "leaked" a while ago. But this is the official and untouched one from Verizon.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
I was browsing some of the other forums this morning, looking for the FRG83 update to install, and I was able to download a deodexed, vanilla version from On that list is a link for [/COLOR]]Index of /nap/droidFRG83-DEODEXED-Release.zip, which I was able to install without any problems on my rooted D1 (running FRG22D). I just had to download my custom kernel again afterwards, but so far so good!

That link was provided by teddyearp over at MyDroidWorld, as a lot of the other links were pulled due to TOS violations issued by Motorola.

therock

Reaction score
Well I wish someone would help me. Everytime I update it takes my Bluetooth voice comand feature out for my Blueant head sets.
The Q1 it shuts the Droids bluetooth OFF!
Now with the Q2 I have to hit the bluetooth button on the dialer screen after it dials.

WHY!

slreno

Reaction score
if i allow this update will i have to reroot my droid and reinstall my p3droid kernel again? or will everything stay as it was?...
thanks

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
If you download the one I linked to earlier, you'll have to reinstall your kernel but you won't lose root.

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
Well I wish someone would help me. Everytime I update it takes my Bluetooth voice comand feature out for my Blueant head sets.
The Q1 it shuts the Droids bluetooth OFF!
Now with the Q2 I have to hit the bluetooth button on the dialer screen after it dials.

WHY!
....just a note, this happens with my OEM BT in the car also....it is something with the handset logic I believe....also can get very loud static at times....i have found if i lower the phone volume it seems to help sometimes....